Fuck the drums.

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I busted out my OLD shitty drum set like 2 weeks ago. Now I am a guitar player and I own a bass and play on that sometimes, but I wanted to see how my drum skills were. Well 2 weeks later I'm getting better. But MAN THE FUCKING DRUMSTICKS GAVE ME BLISTERS ON MY HANDS!!! Man fuck.

"I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!" - Ringo Starr.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    drumming is fucking hard.

i have musch respect for drummers. except for the loser ones that don't actually own drums, transportation or a watch.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yeah, drumming is fucking hard. I give MUCH respect to anyone who can do more than a single beat on a bass drum at a time. The bass drum is so hard to work with. The only think I can really play on drums is AC/DC...heh...but I think I'll stick to guitar. I'm more of a melodic guy.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Baseball gloves, golf gloves, or Mechanix-brand gloves. And grippy tape on the drumsticks.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • CadenceCadence Posts: 16
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Baseball gloves, golf gloves, or Mechanix-brand gloves. And grippy tape on the drumsticks.

grippy tape tears up my hands...i've found that relaxing my grip is the only thing that works...and using lots of lotion.
    the ablitly to quote is a serviceable substituion for wit.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    helter skelter.......
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Have you ever tried Trueline's Power Grip drumsticks? They're supposed to be pretty good for hard-hitting drummers, and if you prefer a loose grip, the beaded grip on those sticks make things a lot easier.

http://www.trueline.com/Power_Grip.asp

They're good enough for Danny Carey...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • CadenceCadence Posts: 16

They're good enough for Danny Carey...

...then they are good enough for me! j/k. no, i haven't tried them...but i'll have to check them out. thanks.
    the ablitly to quote is a serviceable substituion for wit.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343

the only real way is to just put up with the blisters and the pain and the tears. the heal and harden up so you can bang away as hard as you want- you should really have to compromise your grip to avoid them.

trust me- i'm a drummer
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Originally posted by DaytimeDilemma
    So I busted out my OLD shitty drum set like 2 weeks ago. Now I am a guitar player and I own a bass and play on that sometimes, but I wanted to see how my drum skills were. Well 2 weeks later I'm getting better. But MAN THE FUCKING DRUMSTICKS GAVE ME BLISTERS ON MY HANDS!!! Man fuck.

"I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!" - Ringo Starr.

i just started playing the drums a couple of months ago, and they aren't as easy as i had hoped. so i know what you mean
    Abbruzzese is fosh!!!