Apple Logic Express 7

hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any help/info on this recording software would be much appreciated. I started last night, I know its gonna be a long learning process (being completely new to digital recording) but any helpful hints would be awesome.
Thanks
Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I only know GarageBand...sort of. sorry...
    I'm gonna look up Logic Express on the net now...let me know what you think of it...if it's a worthwhile purchase for what I do.
    thanks
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Ok, well this looks a lot more intense than GarageBand does...but if it operates the same way, it's pretty easy to learn. I'm not sure what you are going to use this for, I just plug my guitar in and record that. I'll make mulitple tracks, rythym, lead, bass...and then export that to iTunes. So i don't do that much. but the basic idea is to use mulitple tracks within the one interface and line them up, space them out, do what you have to do to make your song. GarageBand lets you loop a part of something you've recorded, so let's say you're playing all those yesterdays, you really only have to play stone's intro riff once and then loop that over a bunch of times. experimentation was the best way for me to learn...
    good luck
  • Thanks man, what it looks like right now is that it does TOO MUCH shit. Like stuff I want to do later is getting in the way of the simple recording I want to do now. But no worries, I got a lot of trial and error ahead of me.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    what kind of macs are you guys running? Im in the process of picking one out, and leaning towards a super G5, with a few things upgraded. I basically wanna just manage my music on it (ipod etc), use imovie and i dvd, and use garage band and maybe upgrade to a better recording program further on... of course the sale man are trying to make me go the more expensive model so i have no real idea if the G5 serve me well... so what are you guys running? any opinins?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • I'm on a G4 powerbook... which I got at college (we use macs) and also got a nice discount on the price and an iPod too. Sounds like you want a lot of hard drive space and speed, so the G5 is probably the best bet if it fits your price range. I use GarageBand which works well on the laptop...but it eats up a lot of space and speed on any other applications I'm running. I know that iDVD can cause problems on the laptop since it eats up so much space and processing speed...so I would reccomend a desktop in this case...
    hopefully that answered you questions...
  • You picked a helluva program to start out with. Logic can get you great results, but the learning curve is ridiculous. Whoever was in charge of laying it out must've been on crack. Good luck with it.
  • Haha, yeah, I gotta lotta work ahead. I get an educational discount as well so it was half off, thought I'd just jump in.