I finally got a guitar for my b-day!

Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yeah, so today is my birthday and I got my first electric guitar. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! :D I went to a couple of places, and then I entered guitar center and there it was...the first guitar I saw as soon as I came into the store, it's the one I took home, lol. A sunburst Fender Mex Fat strat. It was love at first sight, haha. It's AWESOME!! :)

I'm so happy. It sounds great. I also bought a 15W Fender amp, which is great for me. Just the right amount of power for now, I'll upgrade eventually if I get into a band or something like that :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share :p

Have a GREAT day everyone! :D

Peace & LoVe,

Juli
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• First of all, Juli,

Happy Birthday to you! :D

Second of all.

Excellent choice of guitar to fall in love with and buy. You'll have that thing for ever. If you ever want, there are so many things you can do with that in the future if you ever felt the need, but those are nice guitars right out of the box.

Actually, go for it Juli!!! :cool:

Paint it pink!!!

Happy birthday, once again, and of course,

Peace and love back at you!

Bob
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Nice! I see we have similar tastes. My first, and currently only, electric is a Fender Strat, in 3 color sunburst. But I went nuts and got the American and a 15 Watt Fender Blues Junior as well. Which amp did you get? Oh, and happy birthday and enjoy the gear, play the hell out of it!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    First of all, Juli,

Happy Birthday to you! :D

Second of all.

Excellent choice of guitar to fall in love with and buy. You'll have that thing for ever. If you ever want, there are so many things you can do with that in the future if you ever felt the need, but those are nice guitars right out of the box.

Actually, go for it Juli!!! :cool:

Paint it pink!!!

Happy birthday, once again, and of course,

Peace and love back at you!

Bob

Thanks Bob!!! :D

haha, pink! :D Actually, that would look pretty awesome :D I'm sure I'll do some crazy stuff to it in the future :p

♪ Juli ♪
    moster78 wrote:
    Nice! I see we have similar tastes. My first, and currently only, electric is a Fender Strat, in 3 color sunburst. But I went nuts and got the American and a 15 Watt Fender Blues Junior as well. Which amp did you get? Oh, and happy birthday and enjoy the gear, play the hell out of it!

lol, AWESOME!!!!!!! :D I would've gone for the American strat too but I'm on a budget :p

my amp is a cheap Fender one, a Fender "Frontman." I was planning on getting myself a small Marshall one, but then I tried this one and it actually sounded better, and had 5 more watts for only $10 more. I don't know much about amps, but I'm pretty sure the Blues Junior is better than the Frontman :D lol.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Thanks Bob!!! :D

haha, pink! :D Actually, that would look pretty awesome :D I'm sure I'll do some crazy stuff to it in the future :p

Cool! They are REALLY versatile!
    Then just when you think you've done it all, you can do this!:

http://www.fantasyrogue.com/photos/sample/images/791/286x375.aspx

:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • hey i hope it isn't to late to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!ehmm sorry for my bad english but i'm from spain...please don't paint your guitar pink...maybe pink and black...but don't you think it's a horrible colour??well i respect your opinion...nobody has an yamaha pacific??i've got one...the amp in a roland...my parents gave me the guitar for my birthday too...but i couldn't choose...my father did it...but it is a wood guitar...black and brown...what colour does your guitar have??
    your black eyed
  • Great start :)

happy birthday!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    THat's a great guitar juli, I played a mexi standard all of last year, sunburst too.

I am an absolute sucker for a good 3 color sunburst.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    black eyed wrote:
    hey i hope it isn't to late to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!ehmm sorry for my bad english but i'm from spain...please don't paint your guitar pink...maybe pink and black...but don't you think it's a horrible colour??well i respect your opinion...nobody has an yamaha pacific??i've got one...the amp in a roland...my parents gave me the guitar for my birthday too...but i couldn't choose...my father did it...but it is a wood guitar...black and brown...what colour does your guitar have??
    your black eyed

Yeah, my guitar is Sunburst color, which means it has the black to brown fading look :p I LOVE IT! :D

Hey your english is good! :D I was born in Argentina anyway, so if ya wanna talk in spanish I don't really mind ;)

Rock on! :cool:

Juli

♪ Juli ♪
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I am an absolute sucker for a good 3 color sunburst.

haha! :D ditto. ME loves some good sunburst axes :cool:

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:

The sunbursts are quite sexy.
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    good choice, strats are always the best to start with. you should of tried to milk your parents for a bigger amp though :)
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

I don't think I would've went with any color but the sunburst on my strat.
  • my first guitar (knock-off strat) was sunburst :cool:

we should start a club..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"