Marshall Amp

ucsbucsb Posts: 58
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
whats up guys I am planning on buying a marshall amp..i want the three channel JCM 2000 combo..what are ur thoughts on these.....i was thininkg about getting the head....but then I cant really bust out all this money for a cabinet and yadda yadda yadda...i only have about 1500 to spend....so ...give me ur thoughts!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If you like it go for it. The speakers fit in very nicely with the amp itself Celestion Vintage and Celestion Heritage I believe. If you get it you will eventually need an attenuator 100 watts is really loud. It has a bit more headroom than the head because there are only 2 speakers getting power unless you use an extention cab. A Marshall is a Marshall and you get 3 channels to tweak. The deep switch is nice and the VPR (virtual power reduction) helps out a lot. I've seen a few in the shop with various problems but see the reviews at http://www.harmony-central.com just search TSL 100 combo for reliability ideas. I personally like the TSL's a lot. They sound even better if you add a sonic maximiser (BBE) in the loop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • look on ebay. you will eventually find a BARGAIN!!!!
    i did. i got a jcm900 head and cab for 450 pounds (maybe $700)
    good luck!