acoustic pedal

ucsbucsb Posts: 58
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys I really want to buy an acoustic simulator (AC)pedal. I have seen stone play an electric guitar but it sounds totally acoustic....like on daughter and NAIS etc...He must be using a pedal.....THe only one pedal that i have heard anything decent about is the boss AC pedal. I wonder if this is what stone uses. THe only thing is that.....i have heard and used this pedal....and sounds like shit to me......not good at all....totally fake sounding....nothing like what stone sounds like......some have said that it only sounds good with certain amps and guitars.....gimme some advice......there are some acoustic parts to our harder rockin sounds.....and this pedal would be perfect.....any advice would be awesome!! thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think some of Stone's strats are equipped with piezo saddles, and thus he can get a rather good "acoustic" sound from an electric guitar. From my experience, Piezo's sound more "acoustic" than the Boss pedal does.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • I think the Boss pedal sounds like ass...but it's been a couple years since i last played one, so perhaps they've improved it.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV