effects loop with boss dd-6

ucsbucsb Posts: 58
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I use my amps dist/overdrive (tube) and was told that all time based effects suchs as delay should be used through the effects loop. THe prob is that when i put my effects through the loop...everything sounds great except the delay's volume is like waay lower than it is when i run it infront of the amp. I dont get this. To me the delay sounds crisper and more clearer when its infront of the amp than before it.

Also does it matter what order i put the effects as long as they are going through the effects loop?

these are the effects that i am using: delay, chours, and reverb.

what order should i use if the order does matter...and if i want the delay to be louder (like how it sounds when i put the effect infront of the amp)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Do whatever sounds best to you. If the DD-6 sounds better out in front, then pu it there.

As far as the order goes... I would think you'd want them in the same general order as you would put them out in font. That would mean: Chorus, delay, reverb. But again, if you experiment with the order you may get some cool sounds that you like, so maybe give it a try.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Try turning the "Mix" on the DD-6 all the way up. Is there a mix or FX loop volume knob on the front or back of your amp?

As far as order, I'd do what LemonYellowSun said: Chorus, Delay, Verb. But that's really a personal decision.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • In the loop try to put the delay closer to the signal flow.
    If this isn't enough you can try to raise the output of the loop if your amp permits it. There are some screw's that you can turn clock'wise to do that.

John

(Sorry about my English, I'm from Portugal)