Options

Chorus Pedal

JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I play mainly alternative style stuff like nirvana, pearl jam, alice in chains, etc. but i also play metallica. I was just wondering which out of these three chorus pedals would be the best?

Boss Ch-1 Super Chorus
Boss Ce-5 Chorus Ensemble
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Analog Chorus

They all cost $79.99 at musiciansfriend so price isn't an issue. Just on overall sound, quality, reliability, etc.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The Small Clone was Kurt's choice, but I don't honestly know. I never much liked chorus.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just want one that can do good on nirvana type stuff and metallica stuff like when they play Fade to Black.
  • Options
    Analog is better than digital. Go for the analog.
    Ha ha I've a custy
  • Options
    i suggest a t.c. electronics chorus/flanger pedal.....a little more expensive but worth it in my opinion.
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    If you want a chorus sound like the Cure, go for the CE5. I use it & like it quite a bit. But if you wanna have fun get a Univibe Chorus, not quite a regular univibe, & not quite a chorus. But really good for texture. It's the only dunlop I really use very often. As for the clone, I'm not a fan, I personally don't like the sound that much, but that's just me. Some players swear by it.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That Nirvana/Underwater chorus sound can be more easily dialed in with the Small Clone than others. If that's the sound you want that's what I'd go with.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    for the bands mentioned, small clone. the CH-1 and CE-5 just don't cut it.
  • Options
    How reliable is the small clone?
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by JSP552003
    How reliable is the small clone?

get an NYC re-issue and you should have no problems.
  • Options
    Echo Flanger "Analog is better than digital. Go for the analog. "

Excuse my ignorance, but What's the difference between analog and digital?