Options

Question about amp and guitar

JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
When Pearl Jam was on Saturday night live (Episode with Emilio Esteves I think) and they played Not For You, what kind of amp did Eddie play on? I know he was using a Tele, but what kind of tele was it? I really like the sound that it had on that show. It was cool. Any help is appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I can't remember the exact show but he's been playing a Hiwatt DR 501 for years. You can't go wrong with a hiwatt. You can probably find a Hiwatt DC-40 bulldog for around $500 that will give you that tone.

He also uses Vox AC-30's in the studio occasionally.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    OK thanks, but what about his Tele? What kind of tele was it?
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    He's played a few standard Fender Telecasters, but it was probably his Schecter PT Telecaster. It's a signature model made originally for Pete Townshend, and has two open-coil humbuckers.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    He's played a few standard Fender Telecasters, but it was probably his Schecter PT Telecaster. It's a signature model made originally for Pete Townshend, and has two open-coil humbuckers.

no, on SNL it was the black fender which met it's end at chicago 95 (smashed).
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    See, I know nothing...

Actually, it's just been like 7 years since I saw that last.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    ok thanks, I figured it was fender, but was it a standard tele, custom tele, or what?
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    from the gear section on synergy:

Q: Regarding Eddie Vedder's Fender Telecaster with "skateboarding is not a crime," I caught the neck of the guitar at the July 11, 1995 Soldier Field show. I was wondering if you knew any more information on this guitar. I would appreciate any information you may have on it.

A: Yes, it was a black 70's era Fender Telecaster with the bumper sticker, "Skateboarding Is Not A Crime," stuck across the front of the guitar. It had a Maple neck and fingerboard. It was destroyed by Ed on stage during the July 11, 1995 concert at Chicago's Soldier Field. Nothing more to tell. Big help, aren't I??
  • Options
    for his amp on snl he was using a fender twin or deluxe reverb. he didnt start using the hiwatt until either the no code tour or the yield tour.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by dannyschmanny
    for his amp on snl he was using a fender twin or deluxe reverb. he didnt start using the hiwatt until either the no code tour or the yield tour.

you learn something new every day.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.