guitar/wiring help

JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
well to start off i don't have any experience at all with soldering or wiring but i'd like to get started..about 2 years ago i had EMG 60/81's put in my gibson les paul and here lately i've just gotten tired of their sound...they just dont have the same response or feel that my duncans have for the any of the stuff i play anymore so i was wanting to just mess around and take em out (maybe even sell em) and put the stock pickups back in (gibson 490R/498T) but when i looked at the other pickups it seems that the tech who took em out cut off most of the wire from each pu so i dont think its long enough anymore to put em back in. may be a dumb question but is there anyway i could fix this and put em back in? more importantly tho, does anyone know a good "guitar wiring/soldering for dummies" type site that i could reference? thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://www.guitarelectronics.com/

that site has good wiring diagrams etc.

fixing the pickup leads would be a matter of splicing on some new wire with some soldering and tape/heat shrink. it wouldn't be a big problem. it would just take some patience.

as for the soldering, i don't know if any particular how-to guides but i'm sure some searching "soldering how to" or something would yield something decent. it's not too difficult. just takes a little practice.
  • awesome thanks a lot guys
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Here, just enter your pickup combination and away you go: SD wiring diagrams

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫