Martin Guitar Kits

FarfromlukinFarfromlukin Posts: 38
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I had a question on the Martin Guitar Kits. I grew up practically in a shop (w/my old man) working with wood building cabinets, coffee tables, chairs and whatnot. I was wondering how hard it is to put together one of these kits and still get it to sound good.
I am the Lizard King I can do anything
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    you'll be able to do it fine.

check out some of the literature available at http://www.stewmac.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • thank you. I was just wondering how hard it would be since the kits are like 350 bucks...it's a good cut off of the already assembled Martin's, but I want to be sure I'll be able to make a descent one for that price.
    I am the Lizard King I can do anything
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Farfromlukin
    thank you. I was just wondering how hard it would be since the kits are like 350 bucks...it's a good cut off of the already assembled Martin's, but I want to be sure I'll be able to make a descent one for that price.

you might also check out the bolt kits at http://www.carvin.com very nice for the money.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    You can make a decent instrument out of a kit. There are different schools of thought as to whether it is good to start out with a kit when learning to build or not, but that's another conversation.

Just keep in mind that it most likely won't be as easy as just putting the pieces together. There may be parts that don't fit exactly right and will need some working. Still easyier that making all the parts yourself and a lot cheaper than buying a Martin.

Good luck!