New guitar world

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I just went out and got the new guitar world. And yes Jack White is on the cover :)

Theres also a whole tribute to the beatles with interviews with artists about how they still matter.

Unfortunately the only person they interview I have much respect for is tom petty.

Also articles on tom morellos sound and vanhalen 1984 20th aniversary article.

I'll post any cool quotes or interesting facts I find in this same thread.

By the way Jack White has a fucked up guitar. It is an "Airline" guitar and has the weirdest control layout I have seen. All the knobs and the pup selector are in a straight line accross the top of the guitar. Also there is a 5th knob!? by the output jack. Tottally weird lookin guitar.
This magazine cover is the first time I've seen it close up really well.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have read through alot of the stuff now.

Something really interesting is that that weird Airline guitar he always uses is actually made out of plastic! How weird is that eh.
    Even weirder is that the guitar is a guitar he bought for 200$. It comes from a department store. Recently a fan gave him an identical one he had bought off ebay for 3000.

He says he likes the guitar because it's unpredictable. It adds alot to the performances in the way that anything can happen.
    This reminds me alot of nirvana and smashing pumpkins. How they used shitty guitars sometimes to go for their sound and a certain feeling.
    After reading this big interview he has alot of the same philosphies as PJ and specifically eddie.

That ugly hollowbody he played at the Grammys was a Kay arch top. He got it a few years ago from a thrift store owner he helped move a fridge. A friend of his.
    Something you drummers might find interesting is he was a drummer from when he was 5 until he was near 20. He thinks previously being a drummer makes for good guitar players. He gives van halen as an example.

And Pac they review the fender 50th aniversary in there I think too.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day