Gear Shipping

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a question for those of you that have done alot of shipping.

Say I bought a guitar from a warehouse like MF. Can I give them a post office to ship it to or do you have to give a residence?

I am trying to think up some crazy plan here to get the guitar to Canada from musicians friend...

I was thinking I could ship it to a post office in detroit and cross the border and get it. Or port huron.

Anyone have any insight on this?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I just bought my PRS off e-bay from NJ and I live in Canada. They add on a bunch of extra charges like brokerage and import charges....and of course you have to pay the GST as well. Just make sure the instrument is MADE IN THE US...otherwise you will pay alot more tax on it. What I did was called UPS, told them exactly what I was shipping and they gave me an estimate of how much it would cost. Hope this helps.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • If you must know I intend to "stick it to the man" when it comes to the gst and duty stuff. I might just try and sneek one back accross the border :) I live right by the detroit border.

I am a student, I can't afford to pay 250$ in sales tax!!!

but I can afford a 1500 guitar?...wait a minute...
    :)
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I guess do what you gotta do man......if you can get away with it then why not!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Can I purchase with a foreign billing address, and ship to USA?
    Question
    Can I make a credit card purchase with a foreign billing address, and ship to USA?
    Answer
    Unfortunately, for verification reasons, we cannot accept international credit cards.

If you'd like to place an order and have it shipped to the USA, you can send in a cashier's check or money order in US funds to:

Musician's Friend
    PO Box 4370
    Medford, OR 97501
    USA