Options

ebay question

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
K guys need your ebay knowledge here.
Say I am bidding on a guitar. I put in my maximum bid of 300$. Then the actual bid goes up to 227$ (cause it will automatically keep bidding for me up to 300$). So it put my bid to 227 to beat the previous bidder. It says reserve not met. SO does this mean my maximum bid (300) does not meet the reserve price or does it mean the current bid doesn't (227).

Wow kinda confusing eh. Thanks for any help
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I am in no way positive but I'd think it would be going by your current bid. YOu can always ask the seller how much his reserve is.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if you put in $300 and it stays at $227. it means the reserve is higher than 300 but no one else had gone over $227.
  • Options
    Yea the $227 is the lowest bid the other people have bidded. Your bid is still $300 dude.
    im messed
  • Options
    The fine art of Ebaying goes far beyond my skills...
  • Options
    k part 2.

So I know the 300 is what counts for the reserve. So if I did bid the reserve I assume that the auction would emmidiately go up to that reserve price.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    k part 2.

So I know the 300 is what counts for the reserve. So if I did bid the reserve I assume that the auction would emmidiately go up to that reserve price.

Actually I think it does. A year or so ago I was the first to bid on something with a reserve and it went up higher than the lowest bid and said reserve met
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    k part 2.

It will definitely go up to the reserve if you bid as high or higher. Sometimes sellers have the reserve at an odd amount, say $301.

Some will actually tell you if you ask.