All Mcready Fans Drool at once

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2371181862&category=47069

yah thats right. Already 10 grand + and its in rough shape.

I can feel the awesomeness eminating from it over the internet.
:)
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    drool? kcuf that! i just creamed myself. oh my god. no matter how beaten up it is, a 59 strat is a 59 strat. my dream guitar.
  • That's actually really good condition for a guitar of that age, it just needs cleaned...

If the original owner had maintained it better, it would look less rough, but besides a reconditioned neck and some corrosion removal, that's in amazing shape.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    *dies*
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Originally posted by Echoes
    *dies*

Easy, T-Bone...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    damn that's in good shape and so beautiful fairly cheap as well for a 59. The 54's are around 17 thou. Go up 5 years and their 5 grand cheaper. The prices of vintage instruments are insane.

At this point a cunnetto era custom shop version is just fine with me.

If I were mike I'd buy another one in fact I'd probably buy every 59 strat I could get my hands on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I'd sell my car for that. If I had a car.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    If I were mike I'd buy another one in fact I'd probably buy every 59 strat I could get my hands on.

he probably has a massive collection that none of us know about. we only see the touring instruments. mike needs to do an "M&G Cribs" for us.
    open up the temp controlled vault with a giant amp room,

Fellows, This is where the action happens :)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    What a beautiful guitar. We could all pitch in and share it LOL.
    I was told that Mike has an amazing collection of guitars. I know he has an SRV owned strat. Billy Corgin and Chris Robinson also have huge collections.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Originally posted by JofZ
    What a beautiful guitar. We could all pitch in and share it LOL.
    I was told that Mike has an amazing collection of guitars. I know he has an SRV owned strat. Billy Corgin and Chris Robinson also have huge collections.

edit: Rich Robinson. Chris Robinson has a fantastic collection of Marijuana plants.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    edit: Rich Robinson. Chris Robinson has a fantastic collection of Marijuana plants.

he also has a pristine example of goldie hawn's daughter.

LOLOL, he claims he doesn't puff anymore. Seriously, he has an amazing collection. It used to be on the net, I saw parts on an E special a couple years ago.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Originally posted by exhausted

She is the shit, too bad she is with such a wuss :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Originally posted by exhausted

a lovely specimine Sunbursts are my favorite but Blondes are also highly collectable
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Man what I would give...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I don't know what the big deal is!
    I mean, it's old, and it's scratched.
    You can get a brand new one for $800.00
    And the case is scratched up, too!

:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Every year there are more and more vintage guitar & bass pickups that become destroyed. Several years ago a young player was given a 58 Stratocaster from his father. He came me and wanted to put humbuckers in it. I told him it was a bad mistake and try to get another inexpensive guitar to modify. He said he would look into it. Several months went by and I saw him at a local club. To my amazement he had chisled the body out with a screwdriver and hammer (beyond the pickguard) and put in three humbuckers! I couldn't believe it and he said "nobody wanted to do it", so he did it himself! If you want to change your pickups, please buy a new pickguard and keep the original in a safe place. You may decide to go back to it someday. And if you decide to sell it, keeping the original parts will make the buyer quite happy, and bring you top dollar.
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    Originally written by Seymour Duncan
    Every year there are more and more vintage guitar & bass pickups that become destroyed. Several years ago a young player was given a 58 Stratocaster from his father. He came me and wanted to put humbuckers in it. I told him it was a bad mistake and try to get another inexpensive guitar to modify. He said he would look into it. Several months went by and I saw him at a local club. To my amazement he had chisled the body out with a screwdriver and hammer (beyond the pickguard) and put in three humbuckers! I couldn't believe it and he said "nobody wanted to do it", so he did it himself! If you want to change your pickups, please buy a new pickguard and keep the original in a safe place. You may decide to go back to it someday. And if you decide to sell it, keeping the original parts will make the buyer quite happy, and bring you top dollar.

:eek:
    uh oh, Maybe I shouldn't have put the strat pickguard on the '57 goldtop!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I find that sickening. Bah.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    I don't know what the big deal is!

Says the man who owns my gold-top LP.
  • Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    I don't know what the big deal is!

why i oughta.....