Hiwatt DC 40

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm takin another shot at one on ebay. This one didn't stay low nearly as long. already in the 500's. Hopefully this means it'll be less of a last minute scramble.

shipping seems alittle steep on this one. 60$ american for insured ground shipping.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Does Hiwatt still make the DC 40?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    Does Hiwatt still make the DC 40?

No they don't. Even if they did you'd have to ship the UK version here for big big dollars. The fucksticks at Fernandes are interested only in selling a shitty cheap knock off.

check http://www.hiwatt.co.uk

They do make a single channel custom 50 which is very cool in it's own right and also probably has the moniker Bulldog, it will cost in the 2000+ range to buy it and ship it here. You can get a used DR 504 half stack for $500 less than that.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Is the 503 head the edhead?

Which one is that again?
    http://www.plexipalace.com

yeah, the 50 watt DR is what Ed has, I believe it's a 504

On the front panel it says Hiwatt Custom 50.

http://www.plexipalace.com/hiwatt/buyit_hiwatt.html
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • While your on here can you fill me in on when they last produced the bulldog 40.

Hey funny story, well not really but...

I go into guitar store. They have this sweet american fat tele cherry red, about 1400$.

It has NO fender tags on it just a store tag. I say "hey how old is this guitar" the dude says "oh this one...uh...it's brand new"

At this point I leave the store as to not deal with anymore bullshit from a guy that should be working at best buy.
    While your on here can you fill me in on when they last produced the bulldog 40.

Hey funny story, well not really but...

I go into guitar store. They have this sweet american fat tele cherry red, about 1400$.

It has NO fender tags on it just a store tag. I say "hey how old is this guitar" the dude says "oh this one...uh...it's brand new"

At this point I leave the store as to not deal with anymore bullshit from a guy that should be working at best buy.

It's a daily occurance for me too. If I had to guess I'd say 2000 was the last year they were produced but I'm unsure.
  • bastards outbid me in the last 45 seconds.

And it was a guy that had not previously bid on the amp which is even more lame.

I guess I have to expect the last minute bidding, but no last minute bidding then only 1 other bid inside 45 seconds kinda seems fishy.

man I was pissed, but I'll have to see how much the next hiwatt goes for.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    bastards outbid me in the last 45 seconds.

And it was a guy that had not previously bid on the amp which is even more lame.

I guess I have to expect the last minute bidding, but no last minute bidding then only 1 other bid inside 45 seconds kinda seems fishy.

man I was pissed, but I'll have to see how much the next hiwatt goes for.

that's how i bid. why get in early and raise the price. wait until the very end is always best.
  • But it's still frustrating. Cause I bid kinda thinking there was no chance of winning....then it gets down to 45 seconds and I am still winning so I get my hopes all up....then...
    BAM last second bidder.
    :)
    Maybe it's fate telling you to hold out for the Mesa.
  • Thats what I said to my roomates yesterday.

To bad for them the mesa doesn't have a 1/2 power switch :)