new fender

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
When do those new guitars go on sale. See the 72 custom special? With the strat neck??? It's crazy!!!!
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what in the world is "Aerodyne"?

A type of wood? Is it like a graphite like substance?

Sounds a little fishy to me
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    what in the world is "Aerodyne"?

A type of wood? Is it like a graphite like substance?

Sounds a little fishy to me

composite lightweight substance. It's fine. Resonant.

There's a company called Rain Song that builds guitars completely out of carbon fiber.

Parker has been experimenting with lightweight resonant polyglass materials for a long time now. Aerodyne is designed to be light weight so you can hold your bass for longer periods I think. Do they have a guitar made of it now?

new guitars will be on sale within weeks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • infact they have this new sweet tele HS aerodyne.

It looks extra cool cause it has a black headstock. They also are making a strat aerodyne
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the tele has a P90 in the neck.
    Originally posted by exhausted

stop it just stop it. My mind is made up on a SG damnit. I'm buying a sunburst strat and then an SG. Damnit they keep coming out with cool new stuff 2 guitars is not enough.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    stop it just stop it. My mind is made up on a SG damnit. I'm buying a sunburst strat and then an SG. Damnit they keep coming out with cool new stuff 2 guitars is not enough.

plastic guitars aren't cool. don't worry.
  • Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
    Originally posted by exhausted
    plastic guitars aren't cool. don't worry.

Well I'm buying an SG and putting Huge strings on it. Probably an SG special without binding hopefully an ebony fingerboard. Eventually I might swap the P/U's or buy an old classic with P-90's
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by Gossard_Is_God
    I really want this tele

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM03/Content/Fender/PR/Custom-Shop-John5-tele-sm.jpg
    People will be puking all over your headstock during gigs. I know I would.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
    Originally posted by pariah
    People will be puking all over your headstock during gigs. I know I would.

how much does the guy actually play telecaster's anyway?
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    In his videos I guess, because they look cool (I saw the video yesterday. It's such a lame band). But I'm not really up to date on Marilyn Manson, I'm afraid.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    how much does the guy actually play telecaster's anyway?

Hes only been palying them live on the latest Marilyn Manson tour. He used to use an Ibanez AX. I think he uses his fenders for his country and bluegrass songs if i remember correctly.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • well anyway in his marshall add he is holding his tele. I just noticed it in guitar world

Why must they only go halfway? I tell ya, the first factory Tele with P-90's (Fralin or Duncan, not a "Fender Special Design") and I'll write a check.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Why must they only go halfway? I tell ya, the first factory Tele with P-90's (Fralin or Duncan, not a "Fender Special Design") and I'll write a check.

it's fender man. when's the last time they didn't go halfway? 3245235 tonally useless guitars whilst forsaking some really good combinations

the fralins would never happen. the duncans are a better shot. but considering fender has their "black dove" or whatever, the duncans won't happen either.
    the fralins would never happen. the duncans are a better shot. but considering fender has their "black dove" or whatever, the duncans won't happen either.

Well, you could always swap a set of Fralins in, so long as the cosmetics were made for the soapbar arrangement. I've always wondered about the Black Doves... I imagine they're "P-90's with a touch of Fender twang." Which roughly translates to crap. The Duncans would satisfy me...
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    am i the only one that hates telecasters?
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
    Originally posted by Exodus

yes.

Falls the shadow.
  • nick. EAt it
    whatever,
    i still hate telecasters.... theres only one that comes close to not sucking....
    http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0261200
    something like that

Falls the shadow.
  • that thing is not bad. But I personally think that the 72 reissue is the coolest looking tele by far. The black on black one.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Exodus

Yes, I do believe so.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    that thing is not bad. But I personally think that the 72 reissue is the coolest looking tele by far. The black on black one.

You mean this one?

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0137502

I have this one, but with the rosewood neck. Mmmm.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • originally i was set on buying it with the rosewood. But now i want an american made one, so I'm saving up for a telecaster HS. it should be great. I fugure it is pretty much the 72 but with 2 less knobs (negative) and american quality (positive) and a free hard case (positive)
  • I am the world's biggest fan of Tele looks and feel, and the world's biggest enemy of the Tele sound. That's why I have a Tele-Sonic and a custom Esquire. The new Esquires (Celtic and GT) are pretty sweet, and fairly cheap. The HH Teles are great, too, although I would personally swap the pups.

Friend of mine has a 1972 (real, not RI) Tele with an aftermarket Bigsby. What a great guitar!