Options

Please read. Gibson SG

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Are Gibson SG's exceptional guitars. The special editions.

I may ebay it up if you answer soon enough.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    depends on what you want. Powerful, Loud, Resonant, easy to play, light. Yeah they are awesome.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I love my Townshend edition SG... rock 'n' roll comes to life.

Very comfortable and fast for me as well... post a link... I am always hesitant about buying a guitar without playing it... they are very subjective.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I just bought a gibson SG guys!!! Aqua green liek vedders. For 450.00 brand new!!!!

Nick if you tell dad I will kill you!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    I just bought a gibson SG guys!!! Aqua green liek vedders. For 450.00 brand new!!!!

Nick if you tell dad I will kill you!!!

sounds like an SG special and that'd be a pretty good deal. The color is actually called Flip Flop teal. It changes from bluish to greenish. Nice.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    It goes for near 900$ on musicians friend.
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    damnit i want that fucking guitar
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    It goes for near 900$ on musicians friend.

excellent deal. you should love the tone of it. the neck takes a bit of getting used to for fender players but once it gets comfy it's awesome.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    SG necks are the greatest part of the guitar...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    The neck on an SG is great...

That is a good deal on a nice guitar... that is a great color on a special...

Just resist the urge to smash it in a fit of rock 'n' roll rage... ala LAG cover shot.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    The neck on an SG is great...

That is a good deal on a nice guitar... that is a great color on a special...

Just resist the urge to smash it in a fit of rock 'n' roll rage... ala LAG cover shot.

the neck on the Pete Townsend is absolutely perfect.
  • Options
    It fits my hand really well too...

Not quite as well as my old Reverend... but the SG has inifinitely more vibe... and the slightly larger neck allows me to dig in to notes a bit more...

I really want to play some guitar right now.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    It fits my hand really well too...

Not quite as well as my old Reverend... but the SG has inifinitely more vibe... and the slightly larger neck allows me to dig in to notes a bit more...

I really want to play some guitar right now.

also makes it more resonant and ringing.

Did you have a Slingshot?
  • Options
    YEs, I had a slingshot... nice guitar... the Townshend plays, feels, looks, and most importantly sounds better.

It is very versatile as well...

just compare Ed's tone to Pete Townshend's live tone... and that is with almost the same amp... the tones are completely different.

There's No Code.
  • Options
    yeah. The SG is just a beautiful package Humbucker or P-90 equipped. If I run across another townsend. I'm buying it.