Options

AHHH All should read

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
The 2 posts about my gibson sg and the other guy that posted "shit hot deal". It is a scam. I just realized and reported to ebay. Stay away from that guys auction seriosuly!!!
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I tottally should have seen it coming. A gibson SG for 450.00 is something you justw anna believe.

Yah despite the fact they say they use western union or whatever for transfers just don't do it.

man my greatest day ever turned into the most depressing day ever.
  • Options
    Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    how was it a scam?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah. explain.

not that i bought the guitar i posted but explain.
  • Options
    There was no store going out of buisness. They take your money and run. Simplest of all scams. Then they make a new ebay name and get a good user rating by buying a ton of little things like tiny things. They then have this huge "music store going out of buisness sale" and sell a bunch of nonexistant guitars and run with the money.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah. i read all the feedback just now. i never actually looked that closely initially since i wasn't seriously considering it. oh well.
  • Options
    I actually did the buy it now thing. So now I am waiting for ebay to take my bid away and close down those losers.
    I wanna ask how many of you have been scammed through ebay about guitars or guitar accessories?

I am REALLY glad I caught it at the last second. Iw as gonna pay tommorow morning.
  • Options
    Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    How did you work out it was a scam... I had a look at the site too and didnt really see any big obvious problems with it...
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Options
    Put 2 and 2 together. Like I said I just caught it at the last second.
    First clue: too good to be true.
    2nd clue: WHy would they have by it now options if they are trying to break even? WHy not still atleast let people bid?
    3rd clue: Almost 100% of positive feedback comes from small buys and 100% of negative feedback come from guitar sales that weren't completed. The guitar sales are far fewer so it still makes them look like they have an overall positive rating.
    4th clue: Really quick 1 line email responses. Nothing imparticular just seemed a little fishy. Like they answer as few of my questions as possible.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That sucks. Sorry. Yeah the too good to be true thing is pretty true unless its owned by a person no store is selling that guitar for below cost.

SG special Faded's are in that same price range though all they lack are the snazzy finish, and they have an ebony fretboard which is exponentially better in my opinion.

My buddy traded his mexi tele for an SG Special I got him out the door with a nice gibson case and all for $750.

I'm probably going to try and sell my LP Studio and get an SG later on.

Once I sell my ultimate chorus I'm buying golf clubs.

hope you come out alright.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Knock on wood, I've never been burned by eBay... but it does happen. Hope you get out of it okay.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Man that really upsets me when people pull stuff like that on ebay

The solution: Tele to the side of the head... works every time.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Teles are pretty solid. I imagine the dudes in sandiego would never see it coming.