Options

help with MOTH

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey it seems that the GTW tabs provided for MoTH are WAY to complicated. It sounds like single notes at the start of the song, not messed up chrods with deadened strings.

And what does it mean when a fingering is in brackerts..like:
(2)----3--3--5

like that is what it would look like on a line.

Help me out here guys :)
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Someone here can answer this question.

We can make a trade. You asnwer my question and I will tell you Doug Fluties career rushing numbers :)

I think we all know who's geting the better half of that deal!!!
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    sorry. i haven't even heard the song let alone tried to play it.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    i know what you mean and i was wondering the same. personally i think it means that they aren't 100% sure if it is sposta be played or not. when i play MOTH, which i can't play much of because i'm a noobie, i don't play those in parenthases. it sounds right the way i am doing it so i'm gonna stick with it. i wanna learn this song so bad!
  • Options
    The opening riff is so awesoem it's crazy.

Did you see the movie?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    hell yeah man. i love that movie! very emotional and then PJ starts playing...ahhhh!
  • Options
    Gets my vote for movie of the year. Too bad some shit got nominated instead :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    Hey it seems that the GTW tabs provided for MoTH are WAY to complicated. It sounds like single notes at the start of the song, not messed up chrods with deadened strings.

And what does it mean when a fingering is in brackerts..like:
    (2)----3--3--5

like that is what it would look like on a line.

Help me out here guys :)

Ed does play the chords as mentioned in GTW. You have to use this picking technique Ed uses a lot. Instead of strumming the chords you alternate between down-picking the base strings and up-picking the lower high-pitched strings. Some training will have it sounding a lot like single notes... Probably Mike or Stone is actually playing the single notes on top of that to emphasize...
  • Options
    Just improvise your fingerpicking to sound like the song; the chords for the opening riff are C and G. On the C hammer on the B string on the 3rd fret, and well youll figure it out if you just use your ear.

It's best if you move away from tabs. Theyre a good way to begin learning guitar but they can hold you back alot if you rely too much on them.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    the tab on gtw isnt wrong dude, listen closly, with volume up, its right