What PuPs do you use for lead/blues?

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Do you use the bridge by itself? The bridge and neck, or bridge middle and neck for strats? DO you just use the neck.

I like to use just the neck by itself. I think this is because it's where my humbucker is and so I like the fat smooth sound it produces. It's a much bigger sound than the single coil I have in the bridge.

Also I can't really play lead with bridge + neck because for some reason this setting produces no sustain.

So what do you guys do?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I use them all. in all settings.

When I'm playing little wing I'll start in pos 4 on the strat or just the neck, or sometimes the middle, then when I start soloing and I have all my pedals on I'll slam the switch to the bridge.

I mainly use the bridge or the middle position on my Les Paul. I tend to gravitate to the more open sound of single coils, so I generally prefer hollowbodies with humbuckers for a little more resonance. (335's)

Les Pauls, really deserve to be played on amps with tons of headroom. My little 18 watts just dosen't quite cut it.

I'd shave my balls for a Trussart Rusty Tele or a Steel Deville.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • You have a humbucker in the neck and a single coil in the bridge? That's kind of an odd combination. I usually use the bridge pickup for soloing. I have a standard fat strat, so I have a single coil in the neck and middle and a humbucker in the bridge.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
    "You have a humbucker in the neck and a single coil in the bridge? That's kind of an odd combination"

Yah, it's an american Tele HS. I got a 59 humbucker in the neck, it sounds great playing stuff liek ACDC. Got it this way so I could have a really diverse guitar, since the thing was gonna cost me an arm and a leg.
  • MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
    Anyone have any idea why when I have it using my humbucker and single that it has no sustain at all?
    But both have good sustain when used on their own.
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    I tend to use the neck, helps clean the tone out a bit without loosing too much gain. But if your guitar doesn't have much sustain I'd use the bridge or bridge/neck combo.
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you