The lenghths I will go to.

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well I am a student.
And I am going to work at zellers for a month (I am a computer tech by trade)
I will be stocking shelves. This will finance my SG standard or tele HS. Which ever one wins the fight raging in my head :)

zellers.....

I hang my head in shame :(
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what is zellers exactly?
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    a grocery store
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • It's like a walmart for your american people. Not like a grocerie store.

oh the shame
  • By the way nick I like your signature. That line fucking rules.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Originally posted by Exodus
    a grocery store

I worked in a grocery store every summer for a month for like seven years when I was a student! No shame in that... only when you have a college degree, can't find a job and have to go back to the grocery business - where they really dig you because of your years of experience :D - to scrape some cash together to survive, that's when the shame comes into place.... and even then. Fuck it!

The world is surreal at times. I'm on my feet now, thank you.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Why not. It's a good fun no brain power required gig. They pay you to screw around and stock shelves. Aparently the best time to work in those type of stores is after hours. You get excercise too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    oh ya.....
    i was thinking Zhers...
    my mistake.,..

ya, my sig's pretty fun... and awesome.
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • KilmanKilman Posts: 18
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    Well I am a student.
    And I am going to work at zellers for a month (I am a computer tech by trade)
    I will be stocking shelves. This will finance my SG standard or tele HS. Which ever one wins the fight raging in my head :)

zellers.....

I hang my head in shame :(

Wow, your almost like my smart clone. I dont have any kind of a degree, but I work at a Shop n' Save stocking shelves (I got "promoted" from cart pusher about 2 years ago"). The job rocks. I get paid way to much for what i actually do (i'd say i do about 15 minuets of real actual work in a week). But anyway i've kinda been torn between the SG and a Tele. I already have a Strat with Fender Texas pickups and i'm looking for a something with a diffrent tone. I just cant decide if i want a thicker "evil" sound or the twang of a tele. It will probably come down to an eney-meani-miney-mo at the last minuet.
    If we all stop voting, will they all go away?
  • I have to admit that I am partially leaning towards the SG cause my favorite guitar player of all time (angus young) and my favorite musician of all time (ed) both play them. On the otehr hand I love the idea of a tele. I love how they look and sound. Especially with a humbucker in the neck. It provides the ultimate lead/rythm switch guitar.

The SG is 1500 canadian about (with a painful 15% sales tax on top of that) and the american tele is 1170 + sales tax.

The SG has an ubelievable looking bound neck which is just amazing.

The tele has the 2 different types of pickups and I like the looks better.

*Edit* Also I would be replacing the humbucker in the tele when I got it with a seymour duncan. I guess I would go with a classic 57. Thats anotehr 200$ canadian with sales tax on top.