guitar weight.

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was just wondering,
Are SG standards heavy? And what about teles (american)?

also why the FUCK does SG standard come in only 3 colours and special comes in like 5. Man that pisses me off.

And personal preference here. What do you all think of natural burst?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    I was just wondering,
    Are SG standards heavy? And what about teles (american)?

also why the FUCK does SG standard come in only 3 colours and special comes in like 5. Man that pisses me off.

And personal preference here. What do you all think of natural burst?

No SGs and Teles aren't particularly heavy... my Townshend SG is very light weight... and so is my Tele, to a lesser degree.

I don't know why there are only three color options... but I think they have all you need.

natural burst is a great finish.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    1. Yeah they are pretty light about the same weight as a tele or a strat, maybe 5 or 7 pounds or so. Les Pauls are the heavy beasts.

2. I don't know. Most likely cost effectiveness.

3. I love burst finishes very cool. Black and Cherry are the most traditional SG finishes but the classic natural burst is pretty popular too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    1. Yeah they are pretty light about the same weight as a tele or a strat, maybe 5 or 7 pounds or so. Les Pauls are the heavy beasts.

2. I don't know. Most likely cost effectiveness.

3. I love burst finishes very cool. Black and Cherry are the most traditional SG finishes but the classic natural burst is pretty popular too.

paco, my SG is white.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    you have a white sg? that is great... I think I might be in love... :)
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    paco, my SG is white.

Cool over the years gibson changes the colors they offer on various guitars.

The Les Paul SG is in white with 3 gold 57 classics. It was an SG Custom that looks very similar to the "Black Beauty" Les Paul Custom of the Era.

Les Paul used it recording on the album "Les Paul Now" and many other people including Hendrix I believe love that guitar. It was re released a few years ago. Wonderful guitar. I believe the SG Standard used to come in white a few years ago they fade into a lovely cream color The Guild S-100 also came in white a guitar very similar in look to the SG that Kim Thayil from soundgarden used to play.

boy I'm just full of pointless facts aren't I.

I bet it looks good on you pure. White goes well with green I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    they made SG Specials in white too...

PT played one for a bit... but the more famous user was Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap... at least I think that was the characters name... the lead singer, Micheal McKeon's character...

Tap Rules!!
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Cool over the years gibson changes the colors they offer on various guitars.

The Les Paul SG is in white with 3 gold 57 classics. It was an SG Custom that looks very similar to the "Black Beauty" Les Paul Custom of the Era.

Les Paul used it recording on the album "Les Paul Now" and many other people including Hendrix I believe love that guitar. It was re released a few years ago. Wonderful guitar. I believe the SG Standard used to come in white a few years ago they fade into a lovely cream color The Guild S-100 also came in white a guitar very similar in look to the SG that Kim Thayil from soundgarden used to play.

boy I'm just full of pointless facts aren't I.

I bet it looks good on you pure. White goes well with green I think.

Yes with my red mini, never did get a black one, but my coat was a black maxi.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.

That's all rock and roll right there. "Too much soul to control"

That's all rock and roll right there. "Too much soul to control"

I missed something here...
    There's No Code.
  • The leader currently is the cherry SG standard. But the black tele HS is very close behind.

I like the neck way better on the SG, but I love the mixed pickups on the HS. And teles look amazing.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day