Gibson VS Fender

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I have heard alot of comments on review sites lately about gibsons quality control issues. And now 62 strats pup problem.

So does fender have significantly better Quality control than gibson?

In general of course I mean
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    So I have heard alot of comments on review sites lately about gibsons quality control issues. And now 62 strats pup problem.

So does fender have significantly better Quality control than gibson?

In general of course I mean

They are about the same. Quality Control to which I am accustomed to is lacking. It's about like a Ford or GM. vs a Porsche(Suhr, Grosh, Anderson, Mcinturff or any other custom shop including Fender and Gibsons Custom Shops). You pay for quality control. They have usually 5 year warrenties. 62 should probably contact ZZounds and send it back but if its a great guitar and it sounds like it, he might be better off contacting gibson and sending it to them under warrenty or he could just eat it and have it fixed or try to fix it himself.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Don't know for sure, but I can't really imagine that. I guess that Gibson being in a higher price range has much to do with all the fuss. But I do know Fender stuff doesn't come from the factory in top condition either (badly set up and stuff).
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    It's about like a Ford or GM. vs a Porsche

There we go again... :rolleyes:

;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • HiwattHiwatt Posts: 19
    The owners of Gibson are selling the company which means more than likely Fender will buy it. That's scary!!!!!!!!!! I'm a Fender player, but I know how to tweek my stuff and where to sink some extra money to have it tuned up, but with Gibson and Fender being one in the same company, quality is for sure going to go down. Here comes the 80's again!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Hiwatt
    The owners of Gibson are selling the company which means more than likely Fender will buy it. That's scary!!!!!!!!!! I'm a Fender player, but I know how to tweek my stuff and where to sink some extra money to have it tuned up, but with Gibson and Fender being one in the same company, quality is for sure going to go down. Here comes the 80's again!

exactly.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.