Finally Its Here

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
MY new telecaster HS is here.

I will post pictures and some more info in a bit after I eat.

Haven't been on for a while so Hi everyone.

It's a black american TEle HS with a seymour duncan classic 59 humbucker in the neck.

more to come.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    It's a black american TEle HS with a seymour duncan classic 59 humbucker in the neck.

I like it...

Hurry up with the review!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Well I went to the store on friday and picked up my long awaited American Telecaster HS.

The guitar has a gloss black finish with no pickguard. It has a regualr 3 way tele switching system and volume and tone controls.

It has an american single coil (super twang) in the bridge and a seymour duncan classic 59 humbucker in the bridge.

It came origianlly with a fender atomic 2 humbucker, but I ordered the 59 along with the guitar as to avoid ever having to hear a fender humbucker.

The thing sounds amazing. The humbucker is very deep and metaly sounding as I expected and I have found I use it sparingly on it's own. It just has to much depth for my current amp which breaks up very easily.
    The single coil is really cool and pretty much what I expected. I need an amp with a better clean channel to really take advanage of it. I have been playing some tea party song with the single coil lately and it's pretty cool. It sounds just perfect for twangy nice songs like "if I could be like that" or sometimes.
    When I play both pickups at once it creates this wicked sound that is so rockin I can't believe it. It is just so raunchy but bright and not over the top sounding like the humbucker. Think neil young. For power chords this setting is just crazy. It plays these punchy awesome horrible chords that make babies cry. It kinda sounds like the white stripes fell in love with a girl sound. Like those raunchy power chords.
    One of the few times I bust out the humbucker by itself is when I play "sweet child o mine" I turn on the humbucker and turn the volume up and it sounds amazing. It sounds so much like the studio (like slashs les paul). Or even better is the humbucker Big Muff combo for that song which also sounds amazing.

The neck is rosewood with the rolled edges. 22 medium jumbo frets. It feels really nice, I love the rose wood feel. The action is nice and low. I think the neck is great because I haven't noticed it. That tells me it's a great neck.

So that is my review of my sweet new guitar. I will post pictures by the end of the week. Man it looks good too.
    Is the humbucker an exposed-coil, or a covered pup?

I'll bet there is a substantial difference between the output of the single-coil bridge and humbucker neck pups...
  • The humbucker has a chrome cover on it if thats what your asking.

The difference between the single coil on its own and the humbucker in the neck is like night and day. It makes it a very versatile guitar.

I am getting an amp next summer. I have to wait a year in between purchases cause I have to pay for school.

The finalists for amp are:

Mesa boogie f 50
    Hiwatt DC 40
    Hiwatt dr504 (ed style)
    hot rod deluxe
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Its been a long wait, I'm happy for you.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    Im voting for the Hiwatt dr504 (ed style) amp. I think it would be pretty awesome with that tele
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
    The humbucker has a chrome cover on it if thats what your asking.

Mesa boogie f 50
    Hiwatt DC 40
    Hiwatt dr504 (ed style)
    hot rod deluxe

I prefer covered humbuckers... they tend to sound warmer, less harsh.

I'd vote for the Mesa.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I vote mesa f 50. It suits your own personal style better from what you described you wanted.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • My pickguard came in today from warmoth. It's gonna look wicked, like a afctory fat tele but with custom colours and the 3 way switching (which I greatly prefer)

I was worried cause they kept telling me it might not fit cause the tele HS is all weird ass and rearmounted hardware, but I lined it up and it fits perfectly.

What is cool is that after all my talk of getting this guitar (see previous posts from last 6 months) ed starts playing a very similar guitar (72 reissue same colour) look who's copying who!!!!

So I am kinda scared about getting it drilled for the pickguard but I think it will look cool. It looks slick now but I like the classic look of a tele with a pickguard.

Pictures probably up tommorow. I will get exodus to host them on his gear site
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596

Mesa boogie f 50
    Hiwatt DC 40
    Hiwatt dr504 (ed style)
    hot rod deluxe

I'll keep my vote for myself. "Biased" would be the understatement of the day here. ;)

BTW I think soundwise the Hotrod is in another league than the other amps you mentioned. I played it and I was highly unimpressed. The Mesa was cool though. Not my style, but very good, definitely not to be disregarded as a "budget amp".
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • sistanumsysistanumsy Posts: 218
    I read this to cure my musical need and I found it. The terminology was great I did my best to invision it. I don't play but am glad for you. Fun.
    K-The lost will do their best to get home, if they are loved. To our soldiers who have given what they had.