Big deal for me

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I was sitting around on my couch last nigth playing my new tele unplugged. I was sitting there learning some new chord changes (shook me all night long) and practising my pentatonic scales.

I started strumming rocking in the free world just going through the motions then I got to the first chorus and I decided what the hell and tried to sing along...
BAM I didn't screw up. MY singing was off key and I kinda wabled with the chord changes but I could sing and not screw up!!!!!
I seriously thought I would never be able to do this I am SO friggin happy!!!
I simplified it a bit while I was doing this. Like normally I do a little fill strumming before chord changes but I automatically dumbed that down while singing but still changed chords on beat!!

I was so excited, man playing the guitar is the greatest hobby on earth!!!!
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    So I was sitting around on my couch last nigth playing my new tele unplugged. I was sitting there learning some new chord changes (shook me all night long) and practising my pentatonic scales.

I started strumming rocking in the free world just going through the motions then I got to the first chorus and I decided what the hell and tried to sing along...
    BAM I didn't screw up. MY singing was off key and I kinda wabled with the chord changes but I could sing and not screw up!!!!!
    I seriously thought I would never be able to do this I am SO friggin happy!!!
    I simplified it a bit while I was doing this. Like normally I do a little fill strumming before chord changes but I automatically dumbed that down while singing but still changed chords on beat!!

I was so excited, man playing the guitar is the greatest hobby on earth!!!!

That's a major accomplishment! Congratulations. Isn't it great to suddenly realize you can do something? It seems like it comes out of nowhere!:)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

That happens to me all the time with learning songs. Like I will try and play it so many times and then one day I pick up the guitar and go through it and it's sweet
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • cltaylor12cltaylor12 Posts: 125
    Congratulations!