IS there a Bass in seven nation army?

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Or is it just Jack White on the A or E string of a guitar?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bart138Bart138 Posts: 37
    Octave pedal.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Nope, just Jack playing low with a pedal.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    When I saw them played it live, they did it without a bass.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    more bass?
  • White Stripes make a big deal out of making their music only using guitar, vocals and drums.
    Played live he actually uses a Baritone guitar, thats one octave below a normal guitar, and one octave above a bass.
    I'm pretty sure then he uses a Whammy or another octave pedal to take it an octave below that, so it is the same octave as a bass is in.
    I'm sure people know more about it than me, this is just what I have picked up from live performances.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    White Stripes make a big deal out of making their music only using guitar, vocals and drums.
    Played live he actually uses a Baritone guitar, thats one octave below a normal guitar, and one octave above a bass.
    I'm pretty sure then he uses a Whammy or another octave pedal to take it an octave below that, so it is the same octave as a bass is in.
    I'm sure people know more about it than me, this is just what I have picked up from live performances.

As far as I know, he doesn't use a baritone guitar. It's just a normal guitar in Open 'A' tuning. He used a digitech Whammy pedal(not sure if it was the RI or an orig) when they performed the song on Conan O'Brian.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com