Hey all

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
How is everyone doing? Just thought I'd say hi now that the boards back up.

Since the board went down I have aquired 1 hiwatt DC40 and 1 robertkeeley ts9 tubescreamer.

Indeed they are wicked.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    How is everyone doing? Just thought I'd say hi now that the boards back up.

Since the board went down I have aquired 1 hiwatt DC40 and 1 robertkeeley ts9 tubescreamer.

Indeed they are wicked.

Is it everything you hoped for?

That is a killer setup with the custom tele, keeley screamer and DC 40
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • It is pretty sweet. ONly a matter of time before I can utilize it to its full extent. The Hiwatt is ridiculously loud and I think I have overdriven it once. I was really drunk and showing it to some friends and I turned it up to like 50% volume and 3/4 volume on the preamp. iT sounded like it hit a wall. Like very crunchy. The sound hitting a wall (but not a volume wall a tone wall) is the best discription of this sound I can offer. Does this sound like overdriven tubes to you guys? 14 watts tube is shockingly loud. People say Hiwatts are extra loud but I'm sure fans of marshall say the same about marshall.

Anyway if you are wondering the song I played so ridiculously loud was the 3 familiar power chords from baba oreily. It sounded wicked!
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It is pretty sweet. ONly a matter of time before I can utilize it to its full extent. The Hiwatt is ridiculously loud and I think I have overdriven it once. I was really drunk and showing it to some friends and I turned it up to like 50% volume and 3/4 volume on the preamp. iT sounded like it hit a wall. Like very crunchy. The sound hitting a wall (but not a volume wall a tone wall) is the best discription of this sound I can offer. Does this sound like overdriven tubes to you guys? 14 watts tube is shockingly loud. People say Hiwatts are extra loud but I'm sure fans of marshall say the same about marshall.

Anyway if you are wondering the song I played so ridiculously loud was the 3 familiar power chords from baba oreily. It sounded wicked!

nominal (RMS or rated power) on tube amps is around 50% on the volume knob it's certainly very crunchy with the preamp at that volume as well. Yes that is over driven, when your amp starts to "break up" or get crunchy that you are overdriving the tubes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.