What is recording latency?

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well this question is specifically directed towards Mbox people. I pick up my Mbox tonight and just want to make sure about everything.

So when reading reviews of the Mbox, most negative comments (which are not comments about how it doesn't work at all) are about the latency. Being an inexperienced recorder I just don't know what this refers too. Is it a big Mbox problem?

Secondly I have also heard that many of the plugins that come with the Mbox are only trial versions and run out. Is this true?

Thanks for any info.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    latency is the delay between you playing something and it playing back to you in your headphones or monitors. that's a simple explanation but it's more involved than that.

the manuals have good instructions on how to get around the problem. it's not an issue at all once you figure it out.

2 or 3 of the plugins are just trials but they aren't critical ones. all of the full, cool ones are not time-limited trials. one of the trials is related to audio content for video production etc. it's a $1000US plug-in.
  • Awesome, sounds like a done deal.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day