Delay power supply

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys,

Would an AD9 (maxon or Ibanez) need a 200ma or 500ma ac adapter?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i have a boss dd3 and it absolutley kills batteries,... i use an adaptor.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://www.maxonfx.com/pdf/nine2.pdf

according to that, the draw is only 19mA.

i don't believe that figure but 200mA would be more than enough.
  • And so I assume the ibanez AD9 could be no more. Excellent.

Hey EX I was talking to long and mcquade yesterday, this'l make a fellow Canadian laugh.

Me: "Hey do you guys stock Ibanez pedals?"
    LM: "Yah which one you lookin for?"
    Me: "The Ad9 analog delay, its a pink one"
    LM: "hmmmmm we don't seem to have it here, theres one at our windsor location though, I can order one in for you"
    Me: "hmmm, how much is it gonna cost?"
    LM: "Let me take a look....here it is, it's on sale for $250.00"
    Me: "Okay thanks for tyhe info"
    LM: "no prob"

250!!!!

I don't think they are maliciously over pricing it, it's just these Canadian dealers have no idea sometimes of the market they're dealing with. Like those guys don't know I can go on ebay and get a used Maxon any given week for 200 US (245 canadian), they Don't know I can go to keeley and get a true bypass analog delay for 190 US (230 CA) or get an Ibanez AD9 from musicians friend which probably sounds almost as good as the maxon for 139.99 (170 CA!!!)

Pretty crazy eh. It's not with everything, for instance Canadians get a sweet deal on Mbox pricing (450US = 495CA). It's just very strange. I can myself a boutique wah for 250CA.

I wonder what is the cause of this pricing anomoly.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah, sometimes their prices are great and sometimes they're a bit off. i told them $250 was too much for it too when i asked. i haven't figured out what the determining factors are though.

even at $250, it's less than every other retail shop here though.
  • Rghhhhh,

So I have been watching this mint condition maxon ad9 all night. It was from a 100% seller and was stuck at 202 US for a long while. With 1 minute 29 seconds left still 202. I was ready to jump all over that, but the dude had his max bid set at 230 I am guessing. I went to 210 but was auto bid everytime. Atleast he had to pay 212 for it instead of 202. I was pretty happy, thought it was mine... was it one of my fellow message board guys that outbid me :)

and then you know that feeling when you wanted something then didn't get it, and you just wanna buy something shiny and new to make up for it. Well for a second there I was ready to buy a teese Wizard Wah right after I got screwed outa my sweet delay. But I barely refrained after realizing if I got a wah I would just sit there and go
    12b14r12p10 all day on the G string while rocking back on the wah. And if that isn't the most anti productive thing I can imagine doing on a guitar...

So maybe I will have to succumb to keeley and his "ugliest delay ever made" pedal.
  • Now bidding on a Maxon AD80. I have read quite a few reviews. They seem to be like a ad9 without the bypass. The reviews often say that you would be hardpressed to tell the change in your tone when the pedal is off. I like what I hear.
  • lost another auction. THis time for a maxon AD9. Arghhhhhh. It went for a sweet 177$. Painful. I shoulda bid 190 to start. It was fast and furious at the end there. I ran out time on my 180 bid.

Well... the search continues.