1982 solid state Traynor = awesome?

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I was playin today for an hour or so at my girlfriends house. I keep my Traynor amp there so I can just bring my guitar around when I stay there. The hiwatt is way to heavy (like 75 lbs) to lug around. So this thing is a 2x10 combo who knows how many watts amp. It sounded wicked today. I think its cause its a piece of shit. and I've never heard it before but I think I am getting some sweet speaker distortion. It just sounded wicked anyway. Like sometimes the one speaker will cut out for a while. Like it is on its last legs. This combined with the wicked distortion coming outa this thing makes me think the speaker can't handle whats being thrown at it. Either that or thing is a giant tube screamer circuit attached to speakers., cause it sounds great.

Really fuzzy. It kinda sounds like a big muff but clearer.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I found this too when I played my friends 1970s SUN solid state amp. The thing was unbelievable, and goddamn loud!

I'd probably get sick of it in about an hour though, so I'd never consider buying it.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I found this too when I played my friends 1970s SUN solid state amp. The thing was unbelievable, and goddamn loud!

I'd probably get sick of it in about an hour though, so I'd never consider buying it.

You should try a T 50, it would suit your volume needs better. SUNN amps are cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I'm not sure what the model was. I know it had 3 channels, 2 12 inch speakers and it weighed a tonne!
  • I am gonna record this crazy sound for you guys eventually. Thatd mean bringing Mbox here or bringing traynor there. hmmmm
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day