What is your favorite delay?

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
What delay does everyone have on their board, and if more than 1 which is your favorite?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I have a Boss DD5 and an Akai Headrush. Both are fantastic.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I am waiting on 2 to hit the market and I will buy 1 of them. There are 2 analog units I would buy today the Echozar and the TTE. Neither one are exactly what I want, so I am waiting. I am going to try and find an old echoplex and have a buddy rebuild it in the meantime.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • <---Boss DD-3 simple and perfect for my needs!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JofZ which are you waiting for to hit the market?

So far 2 like digital 1 analog.
  • JofZ which are you waiting for to hit the market?

So far 2 like digital 1 analog.

i love analog! i just chose the dd-3
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • <---Boss DD-3 simple and perfect for my needs!
    i have the dd6 and i looooove it too :) (same pedal just mine has some weird shit on it)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.toneczareffects.com/sm-pedals-echocz.htm

this is the shit, but I probably prefer a tape delay really and usually some cheap digital unit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://www.toneczareffects.com/sm-pedals-echocz.htm

this is the shit, but I probably prefer a tape delay really and usually some cheap digital unit.
    thats the kind of thing that mike plays right?

i always hear him switch back and forth from a slight delay to a lonnnng and loud delay.

once again, little wing/maggot brain 1995 (long version) is an amazing example of this.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    line6 DL4 is all i need.
    exhausted wrote:
    line6 DL4 is all i need.

same here but I really don't use that many presets. I'm thinking of dumping it for a nice vibe, and then finding some cool cheap delay. I find I use the MM model quite frequently, the tube echo and then a long digital occasionally I ad the modulation. my first preset is actually the MM model with no delay only a thick flanged modulation.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    Line6 DL4, has a great analog, digital and other delays. A bit expensive but worth it.
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you
  • Ibanez AD-80. It's got a blend knob, which is INCREDIBLY useful, and I *think* that none of the Boss models have it.

So warm.

Sonic Youth uses this one. The biggest problem is that it runs on 18v, so that's either two 9volts or a special adapter chord.

~Alex
  • interesting alex mac (the secret world of?). I am currently bidding ona MAxon AD 80. I have heard it is a sweet delay.
  • i dig my boss dd-5.

still waiting on the analog for a while...thinking i'll probably go for the boss or the Memory Man.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the dmv is my favorite delay.
  • Good luck with that Maxon, Missyouallday. I keep hearing mixed reviews of the Maxon stuff. Some folks say it's top-notch, others say they're made poorly. Anyone have any thoughts?

~Alex
  • I hope its good. I have only heard things about how amazing and warm they are. I understand the maxon AD9 to be basically the best giging analog delay.

I hope the ad80 has a very similar sound. It is supposed to have an excellent (not true bypass) pypass circuit.
    alexmac11 wrote:
    Good luck with that Maxon, Missyouallday. I keep hearing mixed reviews of the Maxon stuff. Some folks say it's top-notch, others say they're made poorly. Anyone have any thoughts?

~Alex

depends on the unit just like the originals. They built Ibanez and several other companies effects (and may still) for years, since the originals came out in the middle 70's
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    i got a Line 6 Delay Modeller its 4kin great the backwards effect is wicked as is the sampler too
    Cornell pwns u
  • I've a Boss DD5 but I also have a vintage Watkins Copicat echo unit that still works. I bought it from a teacher in 1988 and have used it a lot. The box was fairly old even then. (I think the teacher bought it second hand in about 1974-ish.) There's a shop nearby that stocks tape for it (I don't know if the tape is old, old stock but it works). The delay isn't long on it but the box produces a warm sound.

It looks just like this:

http://www.studiobunker.de/copycat.htm
  • That is one crazy ass lookin vintage delay.