SO, I got me a delay!!

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

I finally have got a delay. I got a 3 month old maxon AD-9 for 215US shipped. Thanks for introducing me to the gear page paco. It gets here friday via UPS, I'm pretty pumped. I was messing with my brothers delay (on his solid state fender DSP amp) and that was pretty fun. It only had one knob which I assume controlled time and intensity at once, that or intensity was a constant. So I am really excited to mess with this thing and write some cool riffs with it.

Theres velcro on the bottom which I might ask for help sometime soon in how to remove it.

Imagine that, a practically new Maxon Ad9 for 215 shipped. Ugly ass keeley pedal (ibanez AD9) = 214 shipped. Good things come to those who wait!

On an unrelated note, on the internet yesterday I saw this picture. A Bermese Python tried to eat a 6 foot long alligator, so they fought and the Python won, then as Pythons do it tried to eat the gator whole and consequently exploded, like it ripped in half and died. They said this is such a rare thing to see animals like this fight, and in the few cases they have seen it before the alligator won. Pretty crazy eh.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey all,

I finally have got a delay. I got a 3 month old maxon AD-9 for 215US shipped. Thanks for introducing me to the gear page paco. It gets here friday via UPS, I'm pretty pumped. I was messing with my brothers delay (on his solid state fender DSP amp) and that was pretty fun. It only had one knob which I assume controlled time and intensity at once, that or intensity was a constant. So I am really excited to mess with this thing and write some cool riffs with it.

Theres velcro on the bottom which I might ask for help sometime soon in how to remove it.

Imagine that, a practically new Maxon Ad9 for 215 shipped. Ugly ass keeley pedal (ibanez AD9) = 214 shipped. Good things come to those who wait!

On an unrelated note, on the internet yesterday I saw this picture. A Bermese Python tried to eat a 6 foot long alligator, so they fought and the Python won, then as Pythons do it tried to eat the gator whole and consequently exploded, like it ripped in half and died. They said this is such a rare thing to see animals like this fight, and in the few cases they have seen it before the alligator won. Pretty crazy eh.

so in this case it's a draw right?

glad you found a delay. Hopefully it will be everything you want it to be.

The gear page is a great site although addictive, sort of like this page actually. :D I have to thank JofZ for my introduction to TGP and the LPF and Fender forums.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Well in that case thanks to JofZ also :)
    I wanted a tough analog delay that was true bypass and dependable, and I think I got the best one available.

as for the draw: Yah see I am inclined to judge it like a sumo wrestling contest. They both died, but I assume the alligator died shortly before the python, cause it would have to be already strangled for the python to start swollowing it (it swollowed it head first by the way) so I would give the win to the late Mr. Python.

I once saw something like a link to a video of a great white VS Killer whale, but it was a broken link. How cool would that have been.
  • So I finally get my hands on this thing tommorow.
    See, it was shipped to my girlfriends house last friday and I haven't seen her since. So tommorow she is coming here with 1 Maxon Ad-9, 1 1983 Traynor solid state amp, and the rage that has come from her having to pay 76 CA duty on the thing.

I have just enough guitar cords to get the wet dry amp thing goin. My traynor in all its distorted shitness gets the priveledge of being the echo amp. Actually I am in need of a coupler cable, to go between the tube screamer and the maxon. It should be an excellent time I figure. I will try and get some pics and sound samples in the next few days.