Time we discussed Jack White again

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I thought I would post a link to some excellent pictures of Jack White and JImmy Page. They are handling some pretty cool guitars in these photos.

Check out the mangledness of Jack's Airline. He has a pickup removed.

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/white-stripes/the-white-stripes-page01.html#

I never ended up telling you guys this, but when I saw The WHite Stripes live it was bizarre. Jack has what seems to be 3 1960s or earlier fender amps. They might be all running into eachother, like in series. They were all turned on and on stage at once anway.
The "naturality" of Jacks distortion and tone is amazing. When he stops playing the buzz is louder than any buzz you've ever heard due to the volume he plays at, and the age and untamperedness of his gear.

Anyway check out the pics.
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Last time I saw them he was on a fender twin. That's probably what he had. They sound great cranked, the trouble for most people is that they can't crank them.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Jack White is the man in my opinion. Might not be the best singer but one hell of a guitar player.

Thanks for the link, I looked at some other bands he has photographed and there is some damn good stuff in there.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Jack White is the man in my opinion. Might not be the best singer but one hell of a guitar player.

Thanks for the link, I looked at some other bands he has photographed and there is some damn good stuff in there.

I disagree, but I'll leave it at that. :)
  • Yah, I particularily wanted the one thats black and white where you can't see jacks eyes and jimmy has a little smile. They have eachothers guitars and its a wicked picture. I looked at the price of a print though.... 500 pounds!!!!!

heres something interesting:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-1960-S-AIRLINE-RESOGLASS-JACK-WHITE-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ7374248782QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

was probably bought for 100$ out of a Ward catologue for some 9 year old.
    I have heard of mint ones of these going much higher than this.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day