Bass Suggestions

edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I really want an Acoustic Electric... i think it would rock... a nice acoustic electric bass.... but... i dont know if i should or not... i need a new amp as well... but i dont know wether i should buy and AE now or save up for a few more years and get an EUpright

anyone have any suggestions?... any AEbass suggestions?
They filled me full of drink
And led me round the rooms
Naked and cold and grinning
Until everything went black
And I came down spinning
I awoke so drunk and full of rage
That I could hardly speak
A fag in a whale bone corset
Draping his dick across my cheek
And its into the shame
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Like I've said before, don't waste your money... they're barely audible just playing by yourself, let alone in a group... the acoustic guitars you'll be playing with will just drown your sound out and nobody (including you) will be able to hear you... it's not a good investment...

I bought a very good one and it was not a good decision... it's not worth the tone you get with it plugged in... I've used it very sparingly... believe me, go with the standup...
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    You could go with a hollowbody, you still get that round full sound and you can hear yourself acoustically but it sounds killer plugged in.

I really like those kinds of basses, they are light too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I think a stand up bass is still the cool thing for you:
    What a great instrument.

http://content.wsulibs.wsu.edu/pearson/image/43.jpg

You're better looking than her, though!;)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • I have an acoustic bass that was relatively cheap. i bought it as we had no drummer and had a couple of acoustic gigs lined up. I took it to the first gig but the sound just didn't cut through and was a very sort of spongy sound so i ended up reverting back to my Stingray. I use the acoustic for just practicing at home now.

It's a nice sound when just practicing onmy own but if it's unplugged whilst playing along to an acoustic guitar, you can't really hear it.
    Josh, turn these lights out, it's a fuckin rock concert...
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I have a Yamaha AE, plugged I like it alot the sound is quality. Unplugged its good for practicing your rhythm and finger strumming and sing alongs. I have an upright which I haven't played yet so I couldn't really give you an honest opinion. Its a Steinberger.

A good amp is probably a better investment at this time.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.