Options

Eureka, I've Got It: HOW TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY! [dead serious!]

2»

Comments

• Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Okay,

Seriously.
    Please, raise your hand if you remember what it was like to be a tenclub member JUST because you liked this fucking band, and they didn't offer you a goddamn thing, other than a 45rpm vinyl and two newsletters!

:D
    -dbts-

Hand held high...
  • Options
    HAND RASIED HIGH!!!!!

You know...In ALL SERIOUSNESS...This is prob going to happen very soon. There is only so much that anyone, let ALONE a FANCLUB cant take. If the people bitching would put half as much energy into finding another avenue for tickets as they did the bitching itself, you would probably find that it is pretty simple. I cannot tell you how many times that I have either gotten shut out of a presale, or just simply didnt bother trying and just did a little asking around or a few pms here and there and have found myself some great seats and made some good friends in the process.

Yet, inevitably this continues to happen and you folks that are complaining feel as though you are owed something. All that has ever been afforded to you is the opportunity to have a SHOT at tickets. Nothing has ever been guaranteed. EVERYONE knows this going in AND knows there is the possibilty there will be a crash...Yet you forge headlong into a trainwreck and you let it comepletly RUIN YOUR LIFE when it happens. PEOPLE....Put your energys into FINDING A WAY INTO the show you want, instead of looking like a baby on a MESSAGE board. I have never been more embarassed to say I am a member here than days like today. I know, you all feel you have the right to complain cause yo upiad your $20. Well, I also have the right to tell you how foolish you look doing it. Peace love and PJ folks....see you on the road.....;)

The King has spoken.
    And spoken the truth.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    mrodgermrodger Posts: 2
    voodoopug wrote:
    on a large scale tour, it would slow down the demand, but the new system allows more ten club members to travel to multiple shows.

With their being extremely limited dates this tour, Limiting to one shows would have probably only split up the MSG1 and 2 folks, because with the exception of DC and maybe Mansfield, none of the shows even come close to MSG as far as a destination for the out of town fan from the list of shows this year.

I think it would be fair to limit each member to a pair of tickets to one show initially and then once all shows have gone on sale, allow members to purchase as many additional pairs of tickets to any shows that they'd like.
  • Options
    There is no perfect solution to the ticketing problem.

I think that a purchasing preference should be available for the Ten Club members within X-mile radius of the show. Members closer to a show should get first shot at tickets. Extra tickets can then be made available to all other members. Personally, I think I and other members near Mansfield should have a much better chance to get tickets for the show then someone from Pennsylvania or Ohio.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    voodoopug wrote:
    I would think that by this point they are pretty thick skinned and probably even get a laugh out of the groundless complaints. We live in a society that is overrun with entitlement and there is no way to get around it and of course no way not to expect it.

NO ONE should have to put up with the verbal abuse that is spewed on this sight when this kind of things happen. Do you think that they actually set out to do this on purpose? I am sure they are as frustrated at this as you. Thick skinned or not, it is simply a shame. These same people who are pissed, would be PRAISING them had they NOT gotten shut out. Society of entitlement? More like Society of the "Poor Me Club". As I said earlier....If you(anyone) got shut out, do some leg work and get yourself into the show of your choice on your own. Quit waiting for someone to hand everything to you.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I really doubt that any UK member of 10c is in for the tickets....

I could be wrong, but I can't see it myself.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    NO ONE should have to put up with the verbal abuse that is spewed on this sight when this kind of things happen. Do you think that they actually set out to do this on purpose? I am sure they are as frustrated at this as you. Thick skinned or not, it is simply a shame. These same people who are pissed, would be PRAISING them had they NOT gotten shut out. Society of entitlement? More like Society of the "Poor Me Club". As I said earlier....If you(anyone) got shut out, do some leg work and get yourself into the show of your choice on your own. Quit waiting for someone to hand everything to you.

Please don't take my post as me being negative towards Ten Club....I've always been a big supporter of what they do, and was able to get the tickets to the shows I have wanted. I was not able to get a ticket myself to the Vic....but was able to still get inside through a kind friend....and no sour grapes from me because I couldnt get them on my own.

Poor Me Club and Society of Entitlement seem to go hand in hand. I agree with you that no one should be subject to that type of abuse, but unfortunately there just are more of them than there are of us. I laugh myself to sleep quite a bit reading the ridiculous claims of Pearl Jam fans about being wronged. As many have read, I am a huge Rolling Stones fan. You would not beleive the hoops I jump through to try to get great seats for that show.....and usually at $450+ per ticket (more if I go the secondary market).

Trust me on this, I am on your side pjtradeking.

Cheers.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    voodoopug wrote:
    Please don't take my post as me being negative towards Ten Club....I've always been a big supporter of what they do, and was able to get the tickets to the shows I have wanted. I was not able to get a ticket myself to the Vic....but was able to still get inside through a kind friend....and no sour grapes from me because I couldnt get them on my own.

Poor Me Club and Society of Entitlement seem to go hand in hand. I agree with you that no one should be subject to that type of abuse, but unfortunately there just are more of them than there are of us. I laugh myself to sleep quite a bit reading the ridiculous claims of Pearl Jam fans about being wronged. As many have read, I am a huge Rolling Stones fan. You would not beleive the hoops I jump through to try to get great seats for that show.....and usually at $450+ per ticket (more if I go the secondary market).

Trust me on this, I am on your side pjtradeking.

Cheers.

Hey...This was in NO WAY directed at you personally. This was directed at everyone who is complaining in general. Sorry if it looked like I was singleing you out. NOT my intention, really! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i think the ticket system is just fine... there are 4 shows you can STILL buy 10c tickets for... DC and Camden was available for hours...

MSG prolly only had about 2000 10c tickets per show... and you had 10,000 trying to buy them... thats the issue
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    I like the current system but it could use a little tweaking.

First announce all shows for a tour at once, no more of this announce leg 1, then leg 2, then add a show here and what not.

Then put all tickets on sale at the same time. For the first 24 hours you can only but tickets to one show.

After the 24 hours is up any remaining tickets would be available and placed on sale in blocks like they are currently doing.

I think this would eliminate the majority of people being shut out as it would force people to pick one show initially before scooping up tickets for other shows.

Granted this would not guarantee tickets for specific shows but it would greatly reduce the number people being shutout of tickets completely.
    d'oh
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Leave everything how it is; the best solution would be if PJ could find away to make more tickets available to the club without tickemaster's stupid rules
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me