My New Drum Kit

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
My new kit is a work in progress although I thought I'd post a couple pics. The pics don't do justice on how nice it looks, as my camera stinks and my bassment is dark, but here it is anyways. This is the same kit the newest RHCP's album was recorded with.

Specs of the Pearl Reference kit are:
10, 12, and 16 toms
14 by 6.5 snare
22" kick

Zildjian Cymbals:
16" and 18" crashes
14" hi-hats
22" ride

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/leafsfan7524/Posters/?action=view&current=IMG_0550.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/leafsfan7524/Posters/?action=view&current=IMG_0548.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It looks awesome! :)
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Very nice.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • JoahJoah Posts: 18
    That set looks awesome. If I were you, though, I'd put the two crash cymbals on more of an angle towards you.

BTW, those are A Custom cymbals, right? You suck. :D
    My band, Red Stone of Faith (http://www.myspace.com/redstoneoffaith).
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thanks guys. Joah, you're right it's better to have the cymbals at the same angles as the toms, as it makes it easier to play. Although feel wise I like the cymbals to have almost no tilt.

Yea they're A Customs. The 18" sounds amazing, but if I could do it again I wouldn't have picked the 16" projection crash as my 2nd crash. Like I said it's a work in progress. I'll have the cymbals on my rack in no time, and within the next 6 months I'll add some effect cymbals and maybe another crash. Also, plan to add 2 more toms.

Thanks again for the compliments and suggestions.
  • wow, cool kit, nice As
  • nice kit dood
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    nice set man. did you put on those heads or did it come like that? i just bought a pack of evans coated ec2 heads and they sound great.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thanks, ya all the heads I have on there are stock. They sound great, but I'll likely experiment with other heads once they need to be changed. I'm always looking for a different or better sound. The snare is amazing - can tune it hi or low and it sounds great. I've never heard a better sounding bass drum - if only I had a better space with better acoustics I'd be in heaven. Lastly the floor tom is a bomb. It resonates for like a minute, and I don't mean it in a negative way - it's a beast of a drum.

I'll add some more pics later with a hole in the reso, cymbals attached to the rack, and cleaner cymbals - may even post some outside pics come summer.