Options

"This Could Be The Day" -- Best Tour Ever (???)

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Seriously.
My boy and i had our jaws in our hands by the end of the first 1\3rd of last nights show in West Palm.

EVERYTHING is up a notch this tour ... all on another level, in our most "humble" of opinions.

For starters, the sound quality was the best we've ever heard at an outdoor venue.

All the instruments were crisp.
Mike could be heard at all the appropriate times, and so could Boom.

Eddies voice was bang on,
and Matt's drums have that depth and the snare has the crack that it has been lacking in some other tours.

All the guitars are beefy, and there is none of that weird desolate alt-country twang like the Binaural tours.

The setlist, though brief (by PJ standards) was incredibly diverse, and the inclusion of WHO YOU FUCKING ARE bodes very great things for the next dozen shows or so.

All in all, i'm VERY fucking excited to see how this tour heats up.

The fan reaction was a bit muddled last night,
but i'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt, because i'm sure we're all a bit shy and out of it on first night shows ... and god knows i personaly was a sleep deprived cranky bitch ...

anyhow.

Anyone else who was there who is feeling this optimism?
I feel like we always say the current tour is going to be the greatest,
but i thinik they really have outdone themselves yet again.
There were points in songs last night, where it almost seemed like they had gone in to some different, BETTER song half way through ...
like in "Sad", when they hit the back half, "If just one wish could bring her back", part ... it was like after that break down, and busting back in to that part of the song, the whole song multiplied to a whole knew level of KICK ASS-ed-ness. It was fucking insane. Parts like that, my boy and i would just look at eachother and stare in disbelief ... like, "What the FUCK was that? What the FUCK just happened ?!?!"

Getting ready to go hit the beach in WPB for a few hours,
i will be medidating on these things ... focusing on the possibilities for epic greatness ahead.

:D:D:D
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    From the vids on Spin that I watched last night, it looked awesome, with Ed rocking his solo trucker hat, Oceans opening and Who You Are making an appearence. Enjoy the beach, I'm jealous in more ways than 1!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I like your enthusiastic review!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    So what do you guys\gals think after seeing the Bonaroo set?

Is it more than just a opening night West Palm fluke?

This shit is hot.
    It feels for real.

I dunno.
    This could be
    the
    best
    tour
    ever!

:D
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    I swear every time I come on the board I get goosebumps. Each day gets longer and longer. The whole not knowing what is going to happen next is ridiculous. One week to MSG
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    The setlists so far have been awesome. We're really getting to hear some gems on this tour. I would have never guessed that they'd open with "Hard to Imagine" at Bonnaroo, or that "All Night" would be played more in the first 3 shows than Jeremy!! WOW

I imagine this has a lot to do with the fact that they're not touring behind an album. I guess without any new songs to play on this tour; changing it up night to night is a way for the band to keep things fresh and interesting.

Anyone who has tickets this tour, should consider themselves to be very very lucky.

I don't think we'll see a tour like this for some time.
  • Options
    just wanted to shamelessly bump this to compete with mi amigo, nowayimfaithful.

no fair that his thread should get all the love for the "Best Tour Ever" sentimentality when MY thread was posted the at the START of the tour!

BEST FUCKING TOUR EVER.
    LOL

So what do you guys\gals think after seeing the Bonaroo set?

Is it more than just a opening night West Palm fluke?

This shit is hot.
    It feels for real.

I dunno.
    This could be
    the
    best
    tour
    ever!

:D
  • Options
    just wanted to shamelessly bump this to compete with mi amigo, nowayimfaithful.

no fair that his thread should get all the love for the "Best Tour Ever" sentimentality when MY thread was posted the at the START of the tour!

BEST FUCKING TOUR EVER.
    LOL
    I am not going to find a ticket on this measage board, the few people I actually made friends with and helped out are dissing me, except for you, if they only knew how good of a guy I was. there loss.
    Ill show them, I am going out to work today to do a side job outside the bussiness, and I am going to buy the best scalped ticket I can buy, and after a song or two, Ill let whoever is sitting next to you switch up.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Seriously.
    My boy and i had our jaws in our hands by the end of the first 1\3rd of last nights show in West Palm.

EVERYTHING is up a notch this tour ... all on another level, in our most "humble" of opinions.

For starters, the sound quality was the best we've ever heard at an outdoor venue.

All the instruments were crisp.
    Mike could be heard at all the appropriate times, and so could Boom.

Eddies voice was bang on,
    and Matt's drums have that depth and the snare has the crack that it has been lacking in some other tours.

All the guitars are beefy, and there is none of that weird desolate alt-country twang like the Binaural tours.

The setlist, though brief (by PJ standards) was incredibly diverse, and the inclusion of WHO YOU FUCKING ARE bodes very great things for the next dozen shows or so.

All in all, i'm VERY fucking excited to see how this tour heats up.

The fan reaction was a bit muddled last night,
    but i'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt, because i'm sure we're all a bit shy and out of it on first night shows ... and god knows i personaly was a sleep deprived cranky bitch ...

anyhow.

Anyone else who was there who is feeling this optimism?
    I feel like we always say the current tour is going to be the greatest,
    but i thinik they really have outdone themselves yet again.
    There were points in songs last night, where it almost seemed like they had gone in to some different, BETTER song half way through ...
    like in "Sad", when they hit the back half, "If just one wish could bring her back", part ... it was like after that break down, and busting back in to that part of the song, the whole song multiplied to a whole knew level of KICK ASS-ed-ness. It was fucking insane. Parts like that, my boy and i would just look at eachother and stare in disbelief ... like, "What the FUCK was that? What the FUCK just happened ?!?!"

Getting ready to go hit the beach in WPB for a few hours,
    i will be medidating on these things ... focusing on the possibilities for epic greatness ahead.

Beefy.. Perfect. Who You Are gave me chills when the guitars fed us beef. You know the parts.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm just regaining some energy after the tour!

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    One of the best tours I've been on in years. :)

I had such a great time.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I think the 2005 tour was better- that's not to say that 2008 wasn't great- I just think the 2005 shows created some incredible setlists
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    the next tour will be the greatest one, only to be surpassed by the next one, etc

there's great reason to be excited
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    the next tour will be the greatest one, only to be surpassed by the next one, etc

there's great reason to be excited
    i agree..........each time we, as fans, find another reason to be amazed.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.