Schecter pt diamond series...

offaroundthebendoffaroundthebend Posts: 107
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i know its not the same 1985 version ed plays...but can anyone give me a review on this one and tell me how it stacks up to eds 1985 model? it goes for $400
Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i know its not the same 1985 version ed plays...but can anyone give me a review on this one and tell me how it stacks up to eds 1985 model? it goes for $400

It's a solid guitar. Very flat radius neck. If you like big flat necks you'll love it and most schecters for that matter. Well built, duncan designed pickups are good for the money (USA seymours in some models are excellent) Sounds very good through a 100 watt 5881 (Carvin) stack that I sampled it through. Coil taps are nice to have but are nothing like real single coil twang. Overall a quality guitar for the money, one of the best you can buy in the range.

You could always put Tom Anderson pickups in the Diamond Series and it'd get you extremely close to the original deal.

Check out the Tom Anderson Cobra for reference. Tom worked at Schecter in the 80's when they were only a custom shop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.