Options

yet another cubasis question...

midnightsyrenmidnightsyren Posts: 33
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
okay so,
i've got sound now lol YAY!!!

and i have it sounding REALLY good in CubasisVST3.0

my problem now is exporting the .all (arrangement) files to .wav or.mp3 files....

it seems i lose quality when i do that, and the levels are really low on CD so that you have to absolutly CRANK it to hear anything at all, and that's no good...

and when i turn it up too high on the mixer in Cubasis, it's louder, but it craps out a bit

i guess the answer would be in having the mix before you export it be perfecto... but what sounds perfecto in cubasis is not necessarily so on CD...

i guess what i can do is try a wholllle lot of different mixes and see which works....
TROGDORRRR!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by midnightsyren
    okay so,
    i've got sound now lol YAY!!!

and i have it sounding REALLY good in CubasisVST3.0

my problem now is exporting the .all (arrangement) files to .wav or.mp3 files....

it seems i lose quality when i do that, and the levels are really low on CD so that you have to absolutly CRANK it to hear anything at all, and that's no good...

and when i turn it up too high on the mixer in Cubasis, it's louder, but it craps out a bit

i guess the answer would be in having the mix before you export it be perfecto... but what sounds perfecto in cubasis is not necessarily so on CD...

i guess what i can do is try a wholllle lot of different mixes and see which works....

what are you monitoring with? That could be the problem.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it sounds like your final mix needs to be normalized (the peak sound level brought up to 0 db) before the conversion to mp3. how to do this in cubasis i don't know but there must be some sort of utility in it to master the final 2-track stereo mix before converting it to an mp3.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    it sounds like your final mix needs to be normalized (the peak sound level brought up to 0 db) before the conversion to mp3. how to do this in cubasis i don't know but there must be some sort of utility in it to master the final 2-track stereo mix before converting it to an mp3.

bingo! you're not as dumb as I look.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    okay cool!!!

right now i am just listening through a pair of headphones....

i actually found after a test that what sounded like crap on my computer speakers didn't sound too bad on my actual stereo, when i cranked the volume
    lol

cool :)

i think i know where you can do that in the program..
    the AST mixer i think..... on the far right hand side are the volume controllers that control the entire mix.....
    i probably have it set too low on the MOTU828 unit as well.. being overly cautious about peaking lol

thanks!!!!! :)
    TROGDORRRR!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by midnightsyren
    okay cool!!!

right now i am just listening through a pair of headphones....

i actually found after a test that what sounded like crap on my computer speakers didn't sound too bad on my actual stereo, when i cranked the volume
    lol

i think i know where you can do that in the program..
    the AST mixer i think..... on the far right hand side are the volume controllers that control the entire mix.....
    i probably have it set too low on the MOTU828 unit as well.. being overly cautious about peaking lol

thanks!!!!! :)

computer stuff can sound darker in some headphones than it actually is because of the digital crispyness. It helps to have a nice set of headphones or monitors with a true frequency response. Trial and error you know just like everything else. Good Luck :)
  • Options

i'll try that too!!

thanks so much :)
    TROGDORRRR!!!!!!!