Options

TS-9 and MXR DYNACOMP

mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
How should i use them?strat-ts-9-DYNACOMP-pro junior or strat-DYNACOMP-ts-9-pro junior?and when my crybaby arrives where should i put it?
"You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i like my comp before my distortion. despite what keeley says. but both positions are valid. try both and see what you like. post-distortion comp was too squishy for me.

traditionally, the wah goes before everything else but again, putting it after distortion yields a much subtler effect. the position relative to compression should have too much effect.
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    keeley who?
    "You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    oh sorry. robert keeley. the guy that makes the keeley compressor. just a boutique version of the old dynacomps and ross compressors.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Trial and error is the best way I think I hate my wah being effected by anything but compression. I'm going to try running my dyna comp before my wah just to see what happens if I can fix it or if I get a new compressor. basically I think I like compression after the wah and before the distortion I don't like the highs of my distortion being compressed.

I always run distortion after the wah. I can't really say about the compression right now because the Dynacomp is broken.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I agree... compress before overdrive...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.