RMC Picture Wah

mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
First day with it and i already feel like SRV....It's perfect....Bought it yesterday for 250 euros in Athens(Greece)....All i have to do now is to get rid of my crybaby
"You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mogwai
    First day with it and i already feel like SRV....It's perfect....Bought it yesterday for 250 euros in Athens(Greece)....All i have to do now is to get rid of my crybaby

cool. Glad you love it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I got my wizard wah this weekend. All I can say is that it definitely blows the Cry-baby away. A nice investment.
    Originally posted by RyndamRain
    I got my wizard wah this weekend. All I can say is that it definitely blows the Cry-baby away. A nice investment.

that's what I thought too. There is something to buying things that are built well with the correct parts.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Have you no deceny!? There's people here with terminal gas for christs sake!....so err...uhhh...how's the high end on those? How's the sweep?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    Have you no deceny!? There's people here with terminal gas for christs sake!....so err...uhhh...how's the high end on those? How's the sweep?

can't really tell you because everyones ears are diff. The Picture is very vocal. The Wizard is kind of in the middle because it's designed to work with hums or single coils. My guess is Geoffery dropped the output gain a little on the Wizard and put in smoother caps so it's not harsh with the extra output of hums.

All in all they are nice and wide and smooth. The RMC 2 and 3 are designed to be customisable. The Picture is the classic (clyde mccoy) RMC 1 is the standard hot rodded wah.
  • Let me do a comparison between the crybaby and the wizard.

Wizard - smooth, no 'hiccups', wide range, mellow, no hot spots, more low end (in a good way, especially for the acoustic guitar)

Crybaby - choppy, sticky, hot spots, hard to switch on and off, smaller range, more high end

I play live acoustically and the wizard is very effective with the acoustic guitar. The high end on the crybaby was killing me on the acoustic.

The wizard is exactly what the name implies - Magic!!