Pro Junior SOS

mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi there.I took my amp to a technician to change the sovtek tubes that it came with,and put electro harmonix tubes into it.When I brought it home and plugged it in the hum that it had was louder and more bassy...It sounds like there are bees into it...It used to hum but it was quiter and thinner...Any explanations for that?I am thinking of taking it back to him and have him take another look but I don't really trust him!!!When you change tubes are there any adjustments one should make or just plug them in?
"You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It depends on what kind of bias the amp has. I believe it's a fixed cathode bias which you cannot adjust. Did you replace all of the tubes?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    Yes.The technician told me that he did sth to it so that less current would run through the valves...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    What what what?

He did what!?!

Tell me he did not drop the plate voltage please.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    He told me that he made sth adjustable that it wasn't before...He said that this would meet the new valve specs or sth like that...Don't know man what he did exactly,but the thruth is that the pro is much more noisy than it used to be...I don't know whether I should take it back to him or keepe him away coz he may destroy it completely....I am angry right now...
    Now I remembered that he told me he modded the bias from fixed into adjustable or sth like that...