Vintage vs. New stock

mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was thinking if there's any reason why one should buy a new one and not a vintage one.I bought a DS-1/Pro mod from analogman and tried it next to a vintage MIJ DS-1 that a friend of mine has.THEY CANNOT EVEN BE COMPARED!!!They sound like two different pedals...My next step was to buy a DS-1 silver screw MIJ.As soon as I buy a digi camera I will have the ds-1 on e-bay.I also got a TS-9 brown mod from analogman and a Dyna/Ross.The TS-9 sounds close to the ts-808 but it's not the same.But their difference in sound doesn't matter as much to pay 200$ more to get a ts-808.But in general someone can find the vintage REAL sounding pedals at nearly the same price as the new fake ones...Especially in Boss pedals the difference is huge...My point is why pay 10$ and buy shit and not 15$ and buy sth that you'll enkoy for the rest of your life...

P.S I am not going to buy any new pedals anymore...The vintage suit me fine I guess..,
"You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if the vintage stuff makes the sounds you want, go for it. i generally don't care if something is vintage or not as long as it works and i like the sound.

i also think the prices for vintage phase 90s, 808s and ross compressors are atrocious but that's the collector's market for you.

at least most ofthe vintage boss stuff can be had for a reasonable price except for a few models (VB-2, DM-2 etc.)