Options

Vibro Champ-Music Man

mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I think I'll be buying another amp apart from my pro junior...Now What I have in mind is a fender vibro champ(1966) or a music man 65W head with reverb...Any opinions?Mig do you have a vibro champ I just think so?
"You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by mogwai
    I think I'll be buying another amp apart from my pro junior...Now What I have in mind is a fender vibro champ(1966) or a music man 65W head with reverb...Any opinions?Mig do you have a vibro champ I just think so?

NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT, IT'S MINE! I FOUND IT!

I love my Vibro Champ. It will be the last thing I ever sell when the Mob catches up with me. But it's small, only about 8 watts of output, so if you plan on doing any gigging, it's not the best amp for that purpose. It sounds great in the bedroom and in the studio (why I bought it to begin with) but unless you work with great PA's, it's not one for the stage. So it's hard to compare the two... Music Man amps are great, and they are really well-built and reliable. If you want a stage-worthy amp, that's more appropriate. So it's kind of like apples vs. oranges... both will sound similar, it's just a question of fidelity (Vibro Champ) versus quantity (Music Man). Also, you'll need a speaker enclosure for the Music Man, so that's an issue... I guess it depends on what you want. What kind of condition is the Champ in?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.