Everybody welcome my new baby...

mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
A Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp...

To be reviewed soon compared to the Fender Pro Junior I was playing until now...
"You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Congrads can't wait to hear the reviews.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Congrats! hope its sounds cool**
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool, have fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    call her george.
  • mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    Cannot wait until tomorrow morning... I am going to get my guitar from the technician and make this baby sing...
    Guitar fucking center sucks!!!

I bought this amp on clearance and they gave me 10 days to take it back. In the beggining it was a little bit rattling but it was not like something to worry about. But it just got more and more noticeable. So I had to take it back in order to see if I could change it for another even though it is now 14 days since I bought it. God damn. The guy working there must be the biggest asshole I have ever known. He told me that he can not do anything about it. He decided to be more helpful though and opened the god damned thing, removed the tube holder, removed the JJ EL84 and plugged in a Mesa EL84. And then he tells me "that's all I can do." Bummer? Any ideas in doing sth about it? I mean it is a $ 719.00 list price 6W amp. I am considering to contact the manager of the store or even Gibson. Any suggestions?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Well...10 days is a mighty long time to sort out something like that...and if it was a clearance item, I don't know what they could do for you...but perhaps start w/ the store manager, and then the regional manager of GC. Not likely that Gibson will do anything for you, since GC bailed them out to the tune of millions of dollars recently.

Sorry about the rattle. Does it affect the sound of the amp (tone?). Combo's will always have some degree of rattle by virtue of the fact that it's hard to isolate the chassis from the vibrations of the speaker.
    I took it to a pretty good technician here in Austin specialized in Fender vintage combos and he described the rattling as AWFUL. It wasn't like that in the beginning. It just became more and more noticeable.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'm thinking about buying a Dabeck. You should check his amps out sometime. They're worth saving up for...serious tone machines.

http://www.dabeckcustomamps.com/