Options

The "Who Else Has Really Good 10C Seats To Both MSGs But Can't Go?" Thread

Comments

• Options
    mauichick wrote:
    The mighty MR CAMERON
    don't tease me
    if you're for real, i'd def take them off yr hands
    i can't do wpb since i'll be away (my parents are in delray)
    if you havn't been before, y'll have a great time. WPB are always good and rank with the heavy hitters (ie ny and beantown)
    i'm thinking about ct and boston
    but since i'm ticketless and taking a week in june to see radiohead (preplanned) already its all up in the air

I have msg tix for both shows, if nik doesnt go ill be there to get the tix, ill just have to take someoen else.
    if he does go he will be getting fucked up, because his number in is the low 70xxx's
    mine is 100xxx higher
    I saw radiohead in like 2002 at msg
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    So hows about stoping by west pal, before tampa, or staying with us over night and chillin
    you guys can have 1 of the beds.
    it would be great to hitcha ride to tampa, and we could really take care of you guys.

We dont know what our plans are yet... but we'll figure something out to make sure we hang out... we have to hook you guys up this time around since you guys took care of us up in Camden ;)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Yes I havent even booked a hotel yet, I wanted to ask you about that, but well get to that tommorrow, Im a lil buzzed right now.

no more shows
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I have msg tix for both shows, if nik doesnt go ill be there to get the tix, ill just have to take someoen else.
    if he does go he will be getting fucked up, because his number in is the low 70xxx's
    mine is 100xxx higher
    I saw radiohead in like 2002 at msg

if they're from the 10c i'm sure they'll be good and not in the 300's (i know we're spoiled fans, but 10c has made us that way )
    not to be presumptious cause it sounds like nik is trying to come (as well he should)
    i have a friend in same boat also looking for a tkt
    if you know of anyone else with extra please keep us in mind if it were to work out (she knows who's drumming too)

PLEASE pm/email (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sandi_schwartz@yahoo.com">sandi_schwartz@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->) me if its a go.

thanks for the glimmer of hope

Radiohead's my #2, but even though i'm traveling far/stoked to see them, i'm not up on all the stats/craziness like i am for pj

i saw one of the msg theatre shows and both liberty state park

if you're a fan, you should def go to points west
    betw the skyline and the band and lady liberty
    its all good
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    if they're from the 10c i'm sure they'll be good and not in the 300's (i know we're spoiled fans, but 10c has made us that way )
    not to be presumptious cause it sounds like nik is trying to come (as well he should)
    i have a friend in same boat also looking for a tkt
    if you know of anyone else with extra please keep us in mind if it were to work out (she knows who's drumming too)

PLEASE pm/email (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sandi_schwartz@yahoo.com">sandi_schwartz@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->) me if its a go.

thanks for the glimmer of hope

Radiohead's my #2, but even though i'm traveling far/stoked to see them, i'm not up on all the stats/craziness like i am for pj

i saw one of the msg theatre shows and both liberty state park

if you're a fan, you should def go to points west
    betw the skyline and the band and lady liberty
    its all good

\
    2 QUESTIONS AND NO LYING

dID you got to the hawaii show?
    Do you know a girl named jen from new jersey/ south

no more shows
  • Options
    Yeah.
    So i just went ape shit buying tickets.
    But I can't get the time off to go on to MSG after DC,
    so i'm just eating these tickets.

Who else?

I know theres a bunch of you that didn't get any tickets,
    and well ... that sucks.

But i'm trying to see who else is feeling my kind of suck right now.

:D

I really don't get why people buy tix to shows they can't go to. I know we aren't given the proper advance notice, but by now we all know how it works...so deal with it & work around it. It's nice to know so many got shut out while people like you were snatching up tix you can't even use. I hope they stick by their NO TRANSFERS policy this time & you get no refund either. Maybe this would prevent this nonsense from people with "really good numbers" trying to get tix to every show possible next time around. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    \
    2 QUESTIONS AND NO LYING

dID you got to the hawaii show?
    Do you know a girl named jen from new jersey/ south

Maui yes
    Honolulu no
    if Jen is who i met at who at nassau then yes also
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    I really don't get why people buy tix to shows they can't go to. I know we aren't given the proper advance notice, but by now we all know how it works...so deal with it & work around it. It's nice to know so many got shut out while people like you were snatching up tix you can't even use. I hope they stick by their NO TRANSFERS policy this time & you get no refund either. Maybe this would prevent this nonsense from people with "really good numbers" trying to get tix to every show possible next time around. :)

I am almost positive they sell a tool that loosens up a tight ass.
    You would hope that someoen doesnt get a refund.
    Wheww
    Go listen to faithfull

no more shows
  • Options
    they used to GIVE AWAY the unclaimed 10c tickets right when the show started. I know people who got free 10c seats to msg 03 (both nights!) and got to their seats during the second song. I've seen it at some other shows too.

i think that's cool.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    they used to GIVE AWAY the unclaimed 10c tickets right when the show started. I know people who got free 10c seats to msg 03 (both nights!) and got to their seats during the second song. I've seen it at some other shows too.

i think that's cool.

Now that is weird, becasue they gave the tix for both shows out at a hotel around the corner earlier than usual. Where did these peopel get their free tickets right before the show.

no more shows
  • Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    It totally bums me out that I got SHUT OUT of first night MSG both presales and now have to HOPE for ticketbastard to rape me and allow me to buy crap ass seats at a much higher price than TC and people like you bought tickets...WHY?! If I end up next to empty seats at MSG 2 or other shows that I didn't get shut out of, I will be highly dissapointed in these such "fans". If at the last minute you can't go, that's one thing. If you buy the tickets (which were announced in PLENTY of time to see if such a vacation may exist for you!) and immediately know you can't go, shame on you! Come on people, we're supposed to be the SMART, CONSIDERATE fan club! Not the immature, moronic, selfish, DOUCHEBAG fanclub...help us out here!

....but I'm not bitter. ;)
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Options
    Rayne wrote:
    It totally bums me out that I got SHUT OUT of first night MSG both presales and now have to HOPE for ticketbastard to rape me and allow me to buy crap ass seats at a much higher price than TC and people like you bought tickets...WHY?! If I end up next to empty seats at MSG 2 or other shows that I didn't get shut out of, I will be highly dissapointed in these such "fans". If at the last minute you can't go, that's one thing. If you buy the tickets (which were announced in PLENTY of time to see if such a vacation may exist for you!) and immediately know you can't go, shame on you! Come on people, we're supposed to be the SMART, CONSIDERATE fan club! Not the immature, moronic, selfish, DOUCHEBAG fanclub...help us out here!

Those last 4 words describe you.
    If you read this post entirely, you would see that I bought tickets for both of us and he hasnt decided if he's going yet. So i guess its gotten so ridiculous in here that fan club memebers now have to occupy the fan club seats. I think I can decide if I want to take another fan or a friend. And I hate to say it if I want to sit next to an empty seat I will.
    What it comes down to is just how many people can be blamed for fans not getting tickets. First the system sucks, than its the ten club fault for the way they sell them, I mean they had 1400 seats only 2 per memeber they sold out, in the end its common sense, than its peoplel stealing passwords, than its fan club memebers not being able to change their minds. I think this goes above and beoynd selfish. The best is the club should only allow fans 1 show per tour. That is hands down the most selfish thing I have ever read. I think that way would leave a tad bit more than his 1 seat empty.

no more shows
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Rayne wrote:

actually not.
    they were announced on the Thursday 20th March, PDT time.
    I know I didn't get the email until the Friday (not everyone is on the board all the time).
    don't know where the OP is from, but here and many other places, the Friday and Monday were bank holidays, Easter weekend, work closed. first tickets were on sale on Monday.
    so if you have to check for vacation, you were screwed.

And even if you consider a few days until the MSG sales, his boss might have been away, or simply lots of places you can't just say: I'm away there to there, and they say straight yes or no. they have to check you can be covered and all sorts of things.

so a few days notice is not enough for someone to make sure they can take the time off and it's bound to happen that some won't.

If 10c doesn't want to go though the hussle of transfers (or returns), then they should announce earlier ahead.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,223
    Pegasus wrote:
    actually not.
    they were announced on the Thursday 20th March, PDT time.
    I know I didn't get the email until the Friday (not everyone is on the board all the time).
    don't know where the OP is from, but here and many other places, the Friday and Monday were bank holidays, Easter weekend, work closed. first tickets were on sale on Monday.
    so if you have to check for vacation, you were screwed.

And even if you consider a few days until the MSG sales, his boss might have been away, or simply lots of places you can't just say: I'm away there to there, and they say straight yes or no. they have to check you can be covered and all sorts of things.

so a few days notice is not enough for someone to make sure they can take the time off and it's bound to happen that some won't.

If 10c doesn't want to go though the hussle of transfers (or returns), then they should announce earlier ahead.

Or you shouldnt buy 10c tix for shows you are not positive you can go to. I understand needing time to find out if you can get the time off, but if you are in that ciircumstance you shouldnt be buying 10c tix. You should be buying from ticketmaster. Buying tix and then hoping you can go is selfish. But whatever I dont care, I got my tix to all the shows I want to go to.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    I am almost positive they sell a tool that loosens up a tight ass.
    You would hope that someoen doesnt get a refund.
    Wheww
    Go listen to faithfull

this made me giggle.

good luck to the original person who posted. hopefully the 10c will be able to help you out. so sorry you cannot make it.
    Fill the air up with love...
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Or you shouldnt buy 10c tix for shows you are not positive you can go to. I understand needing time to find out if you can get the time off, but if you are in that ciircumstance you shouldnt be buying 10c tix. You should be buying from ticketmaster. Buying tix and then hoping you can go is selfish. But whatever I dont care, I got my tix to all the shows I want to go to.
    for something like MSG? that everyone KNOW will sell out in no time and you might not get tickets for even if you try to? (plus TM would make no difference if you're overseas because it's will call as well)
    you take any chance you have to buy tickets if you think you can go (not talking about off chance. the way the OP put it, he thought he was going to be able to do it. You can NEVER be 100% sure anyway.)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    for something like MSG? that everyone KNOW will sell out in no time and you might not get tickets for even if you try to? (plus TM would make no difference if you're overseas because it's will call as well)
    you take any chance you have to buy tickets if you think you can go (not talking about off chance. the way the OP put it, he thought he was going to be able to do it. You can NEVER be 100% sure anyway.)

thats fine but realize if you cant go you are out the money.

• Options
    I bought the tix, if he doesnt go, I will take someoen else.
    When it come sto pearl jam you guys are unreal. You cant tell someone what to do with somethiong they purchase. Its a free country and this unlike pot at shows is leagal.
    The tickets go unsale, they sell out. Move on and deal with it. Anything else aftert the fact is selfish.
    Cant be mad at the club, cant be mad at the fans, cant be mad at anyone besides scalpers, that is becasue its illeagal.
    This post is no differant than the pot thread, or the children thread. But becasue its pearl jam, equal rights and freedom of choice go out the window.
    Just plain common sense. You guys act like you are above everyone, so turn your brain on.

no more shows
  • Options
    I bought the tix, if he doesnt go, I will take someoen else.
    When it come sto pearl jam you guys are unreal. You cant tell someone what to do with somethiong they purchase. Its a free country and this unlike pot at shows is leagal.
    The tickets go unsale, they sell out. Move on and deal with it. Anything else aftert the fact is selfish.
    Cant be mad at the club, cant be mad at the fans, cant be mad at anyone besides scalpers, that is becasue its illeagal.
    This post is no differant than the pot thread, or the children thread. But becasue its pearl jam, equal rights and freedom of choice go out the window.
    Just plain common sense. You guys act like you are above everyone, so turn your brain on.

umm scalping IS legal in NY now.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I would expect someone to consider that a risk yes. then you balance the risk of losing the money against that of not getting a seat.

I'd think it ok if 10c was to say we won't refund you, but if you want your ticket not to go to waste, tell us and we put it back in the pool.
    shame to have empty seats when people are paying stupid prices to touts.

we will see once the public sales are finished and hopefully the venues are sold out..then 10c might start accepting (not publicly, they never do) transfers and/or returns.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    While its selfish, I cant blame a person for buying the tix, without knowing he can go.

But there should be a way for other members to buy those tix.

If there were enough people with tickets that cant go, the 10c should djust put them onsale again. Or do a lottery. And the seating should be based on the number of whomever actually goes to the show.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I would expect someone to consider that a risk yes. then you balance the risk of losing the money against that of not getting a seat.

I'd think it ok if 10c was to say we won't refund you, but if you want your ticket not to go to waste, tell us and we put it back in the pool.
    shame to have empty seats when people are paying stupid prices to touts.

we will see once the public sales are finished and hopefully the venues are sold out..then 10c might start accepting (not publicly, they never do) transfers and/or returns.

they wont be empty. they wil be given away outside the venue that night.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

did you see ANYTHING in this thread that indicated I was bitching or whining about losing out on the money?

Nope.

Did lots of people on here jump down my throat about it anyhow?

Yup.

Is it my right, as a 10c member, to buy tickets to any damn show i feel like, without checking a schedule or anything?

Yup.

Is it my fault if i then can't go.

Yup.

Am i asking for a transfer?

Nope.

Am i sad that other folks got "shut out", and do i feel "guilty"?

Nope.

Am i even serious about this whole thread?

Bwhahahhaahahha.
    No comment.

Have i gotten over 20 PMs asking me to sell my tickets to other 10c members?

Yup.

Have many of them offered me "whatever i may be asking"?

Yup.

Is that against the 10c rules?

Damn straight.

Am i highly amused with myself?
    Uh huh.

Does that make me a shmuck?
    meh.

:cool:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    they wont be empty. they will be given away outside the venue that night.
    I'd like to know how they could.
    the only cut-off time I saw on 10c emails was well after PJ hits the stage.

maybe they do 45mn after the show started then, still a waste.
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Before you guys write replies do you even read the content where you are replying too.
    Where does it state that I am scalping.
    So these are the standards of this fan club.
    1 The seats have to be used by fan club memebers only. Both seats.
    2 If for some reason you cant go even though you payed in full the cost.
    3 You cant expect someone to refund you what you payed fopr the tickets if you take them
    You are a dbag, and iddiot or a moron.
    I am sorry but I want no part of this fanbase if this is how the standards are, and I bet if Ed actually read this crap, and there is alot of it. He would prob quit.
    As crazy as that sounds, if I had people worshiping me that acted this way I would.
    This place is whiz whacked

no more shows
  • Options
    This free stuff makes no sense, to expect it every show, the last msg tickets werent even distributed at the venue and they were given away 5 hours befor the show, for both nights.
    There is a whole group of pearl jam fans that think the world owes them. Than they act above everyone that doesnt agree.

no more shows
  • Options
    Before you guys write replies do you even read the content where you are replying too.
    So these are the standards of this fan club.
    1 The seats have to be used by fan club memebers only. Both seats.
    2 If for some reason you cant go even though you payed in full the cost.
    3 You cant expect someone to refund you what you payed fopr the tickets if you take them
    You are a dbag, and iddiot or a moron.
    I am sorry but I want no part of this fanbase if this is how the standards are, and I bet if Ed actually read this crap, and there is alot of it. He would prob quit.
    As crazy as that sounds, if I had people worshiping me that acted this way I would.
    This place is whiz whacked
    man you post makes very little sense, may be you should re-read yourself before pressing the submit button!

but no, NO-ONE say both seats should go to a member.

and YES, you can't sell it back FOR PROFIT once you bought it, something I'd bet my MSG tickets Ed is cool with!

and as per the sales CONDITIONS, you can't return the tickets if you can't go pick them up (though in the past 10c has been nice about this, but because people abused it, they seem to enforce it now).
  • Options
    This free stuff makes no sense, to expect it every show, the last msg tickets werent even distributed at the venue and they were given away 5 hours befor the show, for both nights.
    There is a whole group of pearl jam fans that think the world owes them. Than they act above everyone that doesnt agree.

they were distributed at the hotel across the street, and as soon as the show started, they gave away any unclaimed 10c tix.
  • Options

nowhere, unless you are stating it yourself.
    Powers was just correcting a comment that YOU MADE!!!

YOU SAID:
    cant be mad at anyone besides scalpers, that is becasue its illeagal.

AND POWERS ANSWERED:

so everyone Chill the fuck out. And don't yell at Powers.
  • Options
    so everyone Chill the fuck out. And don't yell at Powers.

Yeah seriously!

JOINT in a Tree
    4powers20
    FOUR TWENTY?

Noway & Drifting = much agreeable to these things.

PEACE PIPE, anyone?

:D:D:D

PUff puff
    paaassssss

[out to lunch till 2pm est, fyi]
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?