Boss DD20 or Line 6 DL4?

sgdnfan2002sgdnfan2002 Posts: 14
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Sorry if this has been asked many times before.. :) But I was just wondering what people's preference was as far as these 2 delays are concerned?

I currently own the Ibanez AD99 and Boss DD3.. I'm really just looking for something that has more features -- reverse delay, long delays (10+ seconds), etc etc.. I want to basically just have only 1 delay pedal on my board that does a good job of digital and analog delays. Are there any other delays people could recommend?

What have people's experiences been with these pedals?? .. I hear the DL4 is pretty much hit-or-miss in terms of reliability, which has me more leaning towards the DD20. Although, I have not tried either one out yet (am going to Toronto next weekend and hopefully will get a chance to)

-sgdnfan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you won't get the hyper long delays with the DL4. i think the max is 2 seconds.

the DD20 seems a bit easier to fine tune though i don't know how it's setting storage ease of use is.

the DL4 setting storage is simple and it has the advantage of the expression pedal option which can be a lot of fun.

i've had a DL4 for over 4 years and had no issues.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    If I had the real estate on my pedal board, I would've gotten the DD-20. I ended up with a DD-6, which is still really cool. A buddy has the DD-20, and he loves the hell out of it, and no issues so far (he's had it three years, gigging and touring regularly).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.