Options

I'm looking for a certin effect. HELP ME PLEASE!

KilmanKilman Posts: 18
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
During the final PJ shows last year (BSB, and other acoustic shows) mike used an effect on Nothing as it Seems (i think). It was a reall spacy distortion and i cant seem to put a name on the pedal. If anyone knows what it is i'd be greatfl if you shared the info.
If we all stop voting, will they all go away?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Kilman
    During the final PJ shows last year (BSB, and other acoustic shows) mike used an effect on Nothing as it Seems (i think). It was a reall spacy distortion and i cant seem to put a name on the pedal. If anyone knows what it is i'd be greatfl if you shared the info.

check out http://www.giventowail.com and see the pedal boards.

More than likely you are hearing the combination of amplifier distortion, an Ibanez TS-9 and a SD-9 Sonic Distortion with either his Boss DM-2 analog delay or the LIne 6 DL-4 I am unsure of the settings.

He also uses a Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere on that song.

SOme of the pedals listed on the site are incorrect. in the 1998 pic, the TS pedal is a TS-808 not a TS-9. Also the Boss DM-3 has black lettering, the DM-2 (clearly on this years pedal board) has white lettering. The DM-2 is revered as having the better sound.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Also the Boss DM-3 has black lettering, the DM-2 (clearly on this years pedal board) has white lettering. The DM-2 is revered as having the better sound.
    I think the DM-2 has black lettering, the DM-3 white... Mike uses a DM-3.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by pariah
    I think the DM-2 has black lettering, the DM-3 white... Mike uses a DM-3.

you're right DM-3 is white DM-2 is black. I'm dyslexic.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.