Marshall Amp Problem. HELP!!

SKasak44SKasak44 Posts: 67
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys. I've got a Marshall 100DFX combo amp which has worked just fine for a year and a half but suddenly it is stuck on the overdrive channel and wont switch back to the clear channel. It wont switch using the footswitch or if you manually press the button on the pannel, so I don't know what to do.

I emailed tech support at Marshall last week but they haven't got back to me, so has anyone experienced anything similar to this and/or would anyone know what to do to get it to be able to switch back and forth from the clear/overdrive channels?

Thanks in advance for any help.
"I cant hear you, but i feel the things you say"

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Hey guys. I've got a Marshall 100DFX combo amp which has worked just fine for a year and a half but suddenly it is stuck on the overdrive channel and wont switch back to the clear channel. It wont switch using the footswitch or if you manually press the button on the pannel, so I don't know what to do.

I emailed tech support at Marshall last week but they haven't got back to me, so has anyone experienced anything similar to this and/or would anyone know what to do to get it to be able to switch back and forth from the clear/overdrive channels?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    thats the exact same thing that happened to my 30dfx. i just upgraded, tho
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    thats the exact same thing that happened to my 30dfx. i just upgraded, tho

good idea...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • good idea...

LOL! :D

Marshall MG series is probably one of the worst amps for the price that are around.

I never heard of that, but I would call them instead because most likely you will not get an answer til Wed or Thursday and they will give you an answer like "try this" and you have already, and you reply and have to wait another 48-72 hours
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    LOL! :D

Marshall MG series is probably one of the worst amps for the price that are around.

I never heard of that, but I would call them instead because most likely you will not get an answer til Wed or Thursday and they will give you an answer like "try this" and you have already, and you reply and have to wait another 48-72 hours
    ya, i was about to upgrade anyway, but my dad said i had to get at least 1 more year out of it if it didnt break, and than it broke within the month lucky me!
  • Could be a couple things. The MGs are pretty shoddily made, and have a lot of general design defects. Can you get it to the clean channel at all, or is it just distortion all the time?

Is it the same distortion you were getting out of the thing before?

does ANYTHING change when you hit the switch?

It might be the switching mechanism that toggles you between dirty and clean, or it might meant hat your clean channel is fried.
  • The Lurker wrote:
    Could be a couple things. The MGs are pretty shoddily made, and have a lot of general design defects. Can you get it to the clean channel at all, or is it just distortion all the time?

Is it the same distortion you were getting out of the thing before?

does ANYTHING change when you hit the switch?

It might be the switching mechanism that toggles you between dirty and clean, or it might meant hat your clean channel is fried.

Its actually a DFX model. It wont switch over to the clean channel at all. Its like totally stuck on the overdrive. The light that indicated if you are on the overdrive channel is always on regardless of if you use the footswitch or manually change it by using the panel. Its like it doesn't even receive the signal to switch over.

Marshall has been of no help and just directs me to service centers that are nowhere near me and god knows if i even saved the receipt from 2 years ago even though its registered and under warranty, so this situation sucks.
    "I cant hear you, but i feel the things you say"

Its actually a DFX model. It wont switch over to the clean channel at all. Its like totally stuck on the overdrive. The light that indicated if you are on the overdrive channel is always on regardless of if you use the footswitch or manually change it by using the panel. Its like it doesn't even receive the signal to switch over.

Marshall has been of no help and just directs me to service centers that are nowhere near me and god knows if i even saved the receipt from 2 years ago even though its registered and under warranty, so this situation sucks.
    lol, no... the mg series is what you have. the dfx means "digital effects" , not the series