Recommend A Good 24-Fret Guitar ($1000>X>$400)

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yeah,
I'm lookin' to trade in my Music Man, and maybe my Gretsch "Committee" ...

Really was hoping to find a 24-Fret guitar, but am having a LOT of trouble fleshing out my options. There don't seem to be a lot of these in production anymore?

Can anyone expound on this topic?

Also, if anyone is feeling they have an abundance of free time, maybe we can start the whole POST GOOD (UNDERVALUED) GUITARS ON EBAY .. i don't even care if they are 24-fret ... but if you see something you think rocks and it is less than $1000 (or is likely to end biding at less than $1000) [and isn't a squire or epiphone] ... post away ... i'm particular to flame tops and other such pretty woods (browns, greens & blues of any flavor. sparkly metals not so much) ...

just bummin' for a new axe, really.

i need SUSTAIN ... which i am short on.

And if it had a mix of single & double coils ... that would be SUHWEET.

i know i know ...
tall order.
I'm sure this post will fall to page two in a day.
:(
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I was thinkin' Schecter.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • this guitar rocks, and is currently on ebay. it's a gibson sg-z that i am currently selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47073&item=7326149117&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    buy the ticket, take the ride.

10.08.00, 12.08.02, 06.16.03, 06.18.03, 06.21.03, 06.22.03, 10.02.04, 10.05.04, 07.15.06, 07.16.06
  • I was thinkin' Schecter.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/

Hey MIG ...

You got me lookin at the Schecter
    PT BLACK JACK
    or
    PT ULTRACURE

not because of the namesakes ...
    it's the features damnit.
    Only ones in their series with the 24 frets ... only ones out of most on the page with real Duncan's ... mmm ....
    Good price
    what else ya got?

;P
    Really, the Schecter is hard to beat, especially if you want 24 frets. The other serious option is Ibanez. PRS is the best option, but I don't think their SE (affordable) models are 24-fret. The PRS SE's are worth looking at, though.

What Music Man model do you have? Axis? Why you getting rid of it?
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    Damn, this reminds me, my Ibanez gax 50 doesnt even have enough frets to play the SOLAT solo :p
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • What Music Man model do you have? Axis? Why you getting rid of it?

thanks as usual for the advice, mig.

nah. it's an old MM ... '79 Sabre I ... active electronics ...
    very nice, just a pain in the ass with the battery ... and as i've said the fretboard could use some serious help (lots of checking, and some wierd buildup and it's got like routed spots near the frets where there is actualy fret board that has deteriorated away) ...

it still plays great, just not really my thing.
    Plus i would have prefered the Sabre II with a smaller neck radius, had i known about the difference when i bought it. I don't mind jumbo frets, but these seem to be exceedingly "jumbo" ...
    it's an old MM ... '79 Sabre I ... active electronics ...

I see. I always eye the MM guitars in catalogs and in stores. They're funky, but they play and sound cool, if you know what to expect. The Petrucci and Luke models especially are pretty cool, and the Axis has to be better than the Peavey Wolfgang (though I haven't played one, so I'm not sure). I would just be surprised if you were ditching something like an Axis for something else.
  • I see. I always eye the MM guitars in catalogs and in stores. They're funky...

you can say that again...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=7326728261&rd=1

fuckin' funky, alright.

that's what i got.
    mine looks a might beter than all that though.
    it's got super cool yellow, red, and green rasta stripes on the body.
    fuck yah' 'mon.
    what you be jammin' irie?